Will the new iPhone actually be a better phone???!!!

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Here's my take on whether the next iPhone will have better reception next year: YES! There is no way Mr. Jobs will let another antenna debacle like this year continue next year. It was extremely embarrassing for him and Apple and I would bet money this won't happen again on the new model. And I can pretty much guarantee you the new model will NOT have that metal band on the outside with the strip as the antenna because many engineers stated that it exacerbated the poor reception issues. Steve's curt email responses and public statements were merely corporate damage control customary with many companies bent on revenue gain year after year. Wrong? Kinda, but according to what? To other companies? Not really. To the average consumer? Yeah. But it is what it is and I firmly believe Apple will go to great lengths to ensure their new iPhone model will not be plagued with the same issues that befell the iPhone 4.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Ctt1wbw,
I would need your hands, my hands and a few hundred family members hands to count all my dropped calls. I travel a good bit and live in Atlanta. I have the problem where ever I go. It is a real issue. People that say it is not are kidding themselves.

Have you tried roaming off the network and back on at all? I had a simular problem in the UK where my network has full 3g signal in 98% of the country. They told me to reset my network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset all network settings) and to roam to another network and back (Settings > Carrier) this resets your 'handshake' with the carrier.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had any "phone" issues with any of my iPhones including the 4. I have maybe dropped 3 calls in 2 years, maybe....it's been so long.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Ctt1wbw,
I would need your hands, my hands and a few hundred family members hands to count all my dropped calls. I travel a good bit and live in Atlanta. I have the problem where ever I go. It is a real issue. People that say it is not are kidding themselves.

I live in midtown with my wife...we both have iPhone 4's...neither of us have ANY issues with dropped calls. I travel all over the metro all day, EVERY day...and i dont have any problems with dropped calls except one spot where 285 meets 75, occasionally i'll have a dropped call there but its not consistent at all.

The ONLY place i noticed issues with reception was driving from Boston to Portsmouth, NH...i lost 3G for about 30min. and then got it back once we were in town. NYC was fine, Miami was fine, Orlando was fine, New Orleans was fine, my drive from Atlanta to Langley, VA and had ZERO problems.

Im not saying the problem is non-existent, im just saying that it doesnt effect EVERYONE...ive had better service with my iPhone 4 than ANY of my other iPhones.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I email him. He hates phone calls. He always gets upset when his wife calls him instead of email/text in the middle of an experiment.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I email him. He hates phone calls. He always gets upset when his wife calls him instead of email/text in the middle of an experiment.

Experiment?

i'm just wondering what you do if he needs you right away. E-mails generally take longer and if you don't respond to his e-mail right away then hes SOL.

but hey, if you want to be behind in sociality, then be my guest. :cool:

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Experiment?

i'm just wondering what you do if he needs you right away. E-mails generally take longer and if you don't respond to his e-mail right away then hes SOL.

but hey, if you want to be behind in sociality, then be my guest. :cool:

I'm a research scientist so nothing is ever that urgent, he would have to come see me anyway because there are no phones in (or allowed) the lab.

grajasekar

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call with AT&T, and I've been with them for over a decade.

My cousin in Arizona however had a totally different experience. He was with AT&T for quite a long time and kinda left it after his last contract ran out. His standard line is "No, I'm not getting the latest iPhone as long as it's only on AT&T". He frequently dropped calls on the first iPhone, so I can only wonder how bad it'll be with the 4.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro