I haven't had any "phone" issues with any of my iPhones including the 4. I have maybe dropped 3 calls in 2 years, maybe....it's been so long.
    I concur. Very few issues here, even in the Northeast.
    12-08-2010 03:17 PM
    Ctt1wbw,
    I would need your hands, my hands and a few hundred family members hands to count all my dropped calls. I travel a good bit and live in Atlanta. I have the problem where ever I go. It is a real issue. People that say it is not are kidding themselves.
    I live in midtown with my wife...we both have iPhone 4's...neither of us have ANY issues with dropped calls. I travel all over the metro all day, EVERY day...and i dont have any problems with dropped calls except one spot where 285 meets 75, occasionally i'll have a dropped call there but its not consistent at all.

The ONLY place i noticed issues with reception was driving from Boston to Portsmouth, NH...i lost 3G for about 30min. and then got it back once we were in town. NYC was fine, Miami was fine, Orlando was fine, New Orleans was fine, my drive from Atlanta to Langley, VA and had ZERO problems.

Im not saying the problem is non-existent, im just saying that it doesnt effect EVERYONE...ive had better service with my iPhone 4 than ANY of my other iPhones.
    12-08-2010 04:29 PM
    Phone calls are so 00's, only crazies use their iPhone to make phone calls.
    12-08-2010 05:45 PM
    Phone calls are so 00's, only crazies use their iPhone to make phone calls.
    So you text your boss? I assume if you work in a call center you text your customers.
    12-09-2010 06:53 AM
    I email him. He hates phone calls. He always gets upset when his wife calls him instead of email/text in the middle of an experiment.
    12-09-2010 08:04 AM
    I email him. He hates phone calls. He always gets upset when his wife calls him instead of email/text in the middle of an experiment.
    Experiment?

i'm just wondering what you do if he needs you right away. E-mails generally take longer and if you don't respond to his e-mail right away then hes SOL.

but hey, if you want to be behind in sociality, then be my guest.
    12-09-2010 08:29 AM
    I think that it really just depends on the phone and your location
    12-09-2010 09:41 PM
    I've had an iPhone with ATT for 2 years. I can count on one hand the number of dropped calls I've had.
    I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call with AT&T, and I've been with them for over a decade.
    12-09-2010 10:05 PM
    Experiment?

i'm just wondering what you do if he needs you right away. E-mails generally take longer and if you don't respond to his e-mail right away then hes SOL.

but hey, if you want to be behind in sociality, then be my guest.
    I'm a research scientist so nothing is ever that urgent, he would have to come see me anyway because there are no phones in (or allowed) the lab.
    12-09-2010 11:54 PM
    I can't remember the last time I had a dropped call with AT&T, and I've been with them for over a decade.
    My cousin in Arizona however had a totally different experience. He was with AT&T for quite a long time and kinda left it after his last contract ran out. His standard line is "No, I'm not getting the latest iPhone as long as it's only on AT&T". He frequently dropped calls on the first iPhone, so I can only wonder how bad it'll be with the 4.
    12-10-2010 12:18 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD