Leaving iPhone

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Why in the hell would anyone want to go to Sprint. Not to mention that the EVO is just a tank of a phone and Android is not even close to as nice as iPhone OS. With the OS 4 and the iPhone HD coming next month you can bet that I am sticking with iPhone.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I briefly thought about leaving iPhone for Android. That was until I went into a Sprint store and test drove all their Android phones. I tried the Hero, the Moment, and a few others I can't remember the names of. One phone had a better screen, another phone had a faster CPU, another had a better keyboard. I didn't find one single Android phone I liked.

The Android market is already getting fragmented and it's only going to get worse with the release of additional Android phones from the different makers.

People are always saying, "Well my Droid does this better than iPhone." "My Hero does that better than iPhone." "Well my Moment......yada yada yada." The point is, there is no single Android phone that trumps the iPhone. It takes an army of Android phones to even challenge ONE iPhone. That alone speaks volumes to me.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
When I first saw the Evo 4G, I thought about it. I used to have an Android phone as a second phone that I used just to test stuff, but I got rid of it a while back because it sucked (HTC Magic). I was told by some Fandroids that Android had improved a lot since then, but after watching all these videos and such on Android 2.1... It really hasn't. The OS is still buggy by nature, scrolling through your contacts is a mess, the UI elements are still hideous, the UI itself feels slapped on, there aren't enough transitions, and it's not a smooth experience overall.

Then I saw the leaked iPhone G4/HD, and it was settled. I'm not leaving iPhone, definitely not this year.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
i'll never switch back to Sprint. I'll never switch back to Verizon. It's US Cellular or AT&T. USCC doesn't have the iPhone, so... Big Blue/Orange it is.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
i'll never switch back to Sprint. I'll never switch back to Verizon. It's US Cellular or AT&T. USCC doesn't have the iPhone, so... Big Blue/Orange it is.

Same here...it would take some serious bling for me to go back to sprint after the way we were treated when we left. So far I have had no problems with AT&T despite the horror stories (and haven't had a single dropped call on my iPhone) I guess I just live and work in a good area.

Idelgado782

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I came from
sprint and paid a $150 disconnection fee to port my number to iPhone. I have not one regret. My girlfriend used to have the htc hero when o first bought my iPhone and I hated using her phone for anything. I touch screen is nothing like my iPhone and just the whole experience is better on an iPhone. After having used my phone she paid $110 to disconnect her line from sprint. Even with the new Evo which does sound appealing in some ways, with the new iPhone out in June nothing will change my mind but to stay on with iPhone! Nothing compares.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Same here...it would take some serious bling for me to go back to sprint after the way we were treated when we left. So far I have had no problems with AT&T despite the horror stories (and haven't had a single dropped call on my iPhone) I guess I just live and work in a good area.

I was a Sprint customer for 5 years. At one point, I upgraded phones and they kept double-billing me like I had two lines when I only had one. I also had numerous billing mistakes throughout the 5 years. Dropped calls were the norm in my area (at the time).

When I told them that I was leaving, all they offered me was a free dumbphone. When I said no, they hit me with the $250 ETF fee after being a loyal customer for that long of a period and always paying my bill on time.

I ate the fee, switched to Cingular, now AT&. I've had less than 10 dropped calls within the last 4 years too. I guess I'm another one of those lucky people who live in a good area.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I use a Clearwire modem with their hotspot. That's basically the same thing as the 4G. 4G and Clearwire's WiMax and in the exact same locations in the country. I can several comparisons with SpeedtestX HD on my iPad. I all tests, tethering my iPhone using MyWi was faster than connecting via WiFi with Clearwire's MySpot. I think Sprint is overhyping the 4G speeds when they say they are 10 times faster than 3G. Of course maybe that's Sprint's 3G (EVDO) which I know is slower than AT&T's 3G.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I use a Clearwire modem with their hotspot. That's basically the same thing as the 4G. 4G and Clearwire's WiMax and in the exact same locations in the country. I can several comparisons with SpeedtestX HD on my iPad. I all tests, tethering my iPhone using MyWi was faster than connecting via WiFi with Clearwire's MySpot. I think Sprint is overhyping the 4G speeds when they say they are 10 times faster than 3G. Of course maybe that's Sprint's 3G (EVDO) which I know is slower than AT&T's 3G.

10x faster is at the absolute fastest potential speed. That's why it seems to outrageous. It's really NOT that much faster than many 3G networks.

Bell and Telus in Canada get 5-7mbps on their 3G network, Rogers typically gets 2-4.5mbps. In testing, Sprint's "4G" network got 4.5mbps (from what I saw).

That's not really impressive, and nowhere near 10x as fast as AT&T's 1.5-3mbps 3G.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
rgar3388
7.2mbps would be the highest possible although very unlikely. Telus and Bell use a 21mbps network and the iPhone gets 5-6.5mbps on average, occasionally 7. Rogers has a 7.2mbps network and it's 2-4.5(rarely)Mbps. But I guess getting a steady 3~4ish Mbps would be an improvement for AT&T, so it's good either way.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yep... They're being pretty deceitful about all this "4G" stuff. How are they going to market LTE when it comes around?

"4G: for serious this times"

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I have all the main platforms and will continue to until they turn into winslow or the old palm.

iPhone, Android, WebOS and BlackBerry... they are all fun and have their strengths and weaknesses.

CorvZ061

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Around here we have AT&T and Verizon. Sprint doesn't have much service here, maybe 1 bar at any point, whereas I always have full signal, even though it is just EDGE and my sister has a Win Mo phone on Verizon, She almost always has 3G but Verizon's 3g in this area as slower than AT&T's EDGE.

AAFD

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
People complain about ATT 3g coverage, but the Sprint 4G is much less, with no 4G in Michigan there is no way I would switch!!

After having Palm Pre on Sprint and Droid on Verizon I will say the Iphone rules them both!!! The Iphone is the bar that other smart phone are judged by!! The new Iphone will most likely raise the bar again!

KC

Chris71

May 16, 2010
Visit site
No way would I switch, I am more than happy with the at&t coverage and the pricing. I work for vzn and choose to use at&t, I never drop calls and am on 3g 99% of the time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner