Leaving iPhone

Super27

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Just switched back to the iPhone from a Sprint Android phone. You couldn't PAY me enough to go back. The HTC devices are all clunkers as far as I'm concerned. Android is still nowhere near as smooth or polished as the iPhone OS. The app catalog sucks too. Sprint can throw as many flashy looking phones at the market as they like - I'm sticking with the iPhone.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't own an HTC phone..And ABSOLUTELY not on the Sprint network...

And the app market serves most just fine...I really dont need 200 diff fart noise makers..

And my Moto Droid runs far smoother and faster than my iphone..

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't own an HTC phone..And ABSOLUTELY not on the Sprint network...

And the app market serves most just fine...I really dont need 200 diff fart noise makers..

And my Moto Droid runs far smoother and faster than my iphone..

I just want to say that just because the iPhone has more apps does not mean the apps are any lower quality, in fact they are a great magnitude BETTER than most Android apps. The only reason the iPhone has more fart noise apps is because there are about 5x as many total apps. More choice and more competition is not a bad thing.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

Yeah that's the usual banter I hear from Android fans. The problem is, when I was shopping for an Android phone, I also went looking for Android apps that would, if not match, come close in features to replacing my "iPhone only" productivity apps. The apps didn't exist.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Lol

Look i already stated that i am glad their are many different flavors of phones...
Some like to have a phone that is fast, reliable with a better OS and UI...

So we buy droids, and being on the Verizon network actually allows me to do something i know most iphone owners wish they could do......
Actually use my smart PHONE as a PHONE!!! Which is something that my iphone is sketchy at on the best of days...

Trust me i am NOT trying to convert you...

Variety is indeed the spice of life....So please do continue to enjoy your iphones and the apps that comrade jobs so graciously allows you to put on your iphones..

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I honestly thought about when all the info for the EVO came out. The only thing to me it has an advantage over the iphone is the screen size. I choose for right now to stay with my wonderful iphone 3gS.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Look i already stated that i am glad their are many different flavors of phones...
Some like to have a phone that is fast, reliable with a better OS and UI...

So we buy droids, and being on the Verizon network actually allows me to do something i know most iphone owners wish they could do......
Actually use my smart PHONE as a PHONE!!! Which is something that my iphone is sketchy at on the best of days...

Trust me i am NOT trying to convert you...

Variety is indeed the spice of life....So please do continue to enjoy your iphones and the apps that comrade jobs so graciously allows you to put on your iphones..

Are you.. nuts...
First of all, the 3GS is a much smoother and more reliable experience than the droid, and the UI on the iPhone is unmatched. My sister has a Milestone (Droid in Canada), and it's really not up to par with my iPhone. Android's UI is hideous, lacks animations, and is completely inconsistent. You can put on the green-coloured glasses all you want, but please don't distort the truth. The Droid is a fine phone and I have nothing against it, but what you're saying is sooo not true.

Second, the iPhone makes calls just fine, some people have zero issues with AT&T, the complainers will always seem more common because when you're having a great experience with your iPhone you don't rant about it. Not to mention there are other people living in other countries, too. It's not only Americans that use iPhones, and we Canadians have 5 great carriers to choose from, all of which have great coverage.

If you are all about to each their own and what-not like you claim to be, try not to insult the iPhone so much because if that's all you're going to do I don't see how you can continue to claim to be so neutral about it.

darktanone

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
It's the user experience, stupid!

Puleese! I wouldn't give another phone consideration. The iPhone is the BEST and will continue to be the BEST because of the whole user experience. The hardware, the iPhone OS, the apps, the music, the movies, podcasts, mobile Safari and the Web experience, etc. All combine to create a balanced, pleasing and satisfying user experience that's unmatched by any other device.

Someone will always come out with better hardware and improved features, but that's it! One-upping the iPhone is not gonna cut it. I personally don't need the hassles and shortcomings of other devices, and I don't need to waste time trying one to prove myself right. I've done enough device experiments to know a good one when I see it. The iPhone is it. PERIOD! 'Nuff said. I'll continue to enjoy my iPhone and the smile it puts on my face.

Last edited:

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I really don't have a dog in the fight but I've certainly enjoyed reading all the comments . . . and, hey, I gotta get my post-count up somehow.

I love, love, love my iPhone but I'm being tempted by the fruit of another . . . I really like trying new things so all those Droid phones are enticing.

I'm on AT&T only because I get a nice Premier discount due to where I work in Fort Worth, Texas. Fortunately the coverage is pretty good here so I'm happy with them. So I'll need a Droid phone that's optimized (or whatever it is) for AT&T 3G. My understanding is that the Nexus One for AT&T is the only one available. But the used ones on CL are pretty steap, everyone wants near the retail price.

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
So is anyone thinking of dropping their iPhone and going to sprint to get the new htc evo 4g?

Hell no! I was with Sprint for over 10 years. Even the "BEST" phone wouldn't give me to go back! I love my iPhone and I'll stay with AT&T for now although I'm not too pleased with them either. I'd even switch to T-Mobile but never going back to Sprint. They're phones and resolution to fixing their phones are horrible!

soulfulzeta

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Just switched back to the iPhone from a Sprint Android phone. You couldn't PAY me enough to go back. The HTC devices are all clunkers as far as I'm concerned. Android is still nowhere near as smooth or polished as the iPhone OS. The app catalog sucks too. Sprint can throw as many flashy looking phones at the market as they like - I'm sticking with the iPhone.

My sentiments exactly!

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
Ohhh brother!!

Are you.. nuts...
First of all, the 3GS is a much smoother and more reliable experience than the droid, and the UI on the iPhone is unmatched. My sister has a Milestone (Droid in Canada), and it's really not up to par with my iPhone. Android's UI is hideous, lacks animations, and is completely inconsistent. You can put on the green-coloured glasses all you want, but please don't distort the truth. The Droid is a fine phone and I have nothing against it, but what you're saying is sooo not true.

Second, the iPhone makes calls just fine, some people have zero issues with AT&T, the complainers will always seem more common because when you're having a great experience with your iPhone you don't rant about it. Not to mention there are other people living in other countries, too. It's not only Americans that use iPhones, and we Canadians have 5 great carriers to choose from, all of which have great coverage.

If you are all about to each their own and what-not like you claim to be, try not to insult the iPhone so much because if that's all you're going to do I don't see how you can continue to claim to be so neutral about it.

It was stated by me a few posts back that all these observations were MY experiences....I like the OS and UI MUCH better on my rooted and oc'd droid than on my jb'n iphone 3Gs....

And its fabulous YOU have great cellular coverage, myself being in the northern burbs of chicago got ****e service...

And i was more than anything insulting APPLE the co, more than their product.. The iphone was a great product neutered by comrade jobs.. IMHO...dont want to be thought of as an iphone basher, which i am NOT..

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Seems like this discussion really isn't accomplishing much. I'm glad everyone isn't using an iPhone because then what motivation would Apple have to continue innovating and offer the best darn smartphone experience there is? Personally, I feel sorry for people with other smartphones.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro