4.0 so what.

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure a lot of u are excited about the new OS coming in a couple of weeks. Myself? Not so much. I can't seem to get excited for the simpliest and common features coming to a phone that's supposed to do it all. I've had my iPhone for over a yr and now is when I get multi-tasking? Now I get a unified mailbox? It's a shame and Apple should be embarrased. Simple functionality for other phones but since it's coming to iPhone - it's a big deal. Get real.

Last edited:

Chris71

May 16, 2010
Visit site
was curious if anyone heard if there will be a workaround the unified mailbox , so we can keep our separate in boxes.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm sure a lot of u are excited about the new OS coming in a couple of weeks. Myself? Not so much. I can't seem to get excited for the simpliest and common features coming to a phone that's supposed to do it all. I've had my iPhone for over a yr and now is when I get multi-tasking? Now I get a unified mailbox? It's a shame and Apple should be embarrased. Simple functionality for other phones but since it's coming to iPhone - it's a big deal. Get real.

iPhone OS is not even 3 years old. You can't compare it to Windows Mobile 6.5 or Blackberry OS, because they've been around so long and have had so much time to add all the features they have.

Even with younger smartphone OSes: Compare iPhone OS to Android. There are less individual features built into the firmware, but iPhone OS runs much better. Why? Because Android was built for all of its main functionality at once, and then a UI was slapped on.

With iPhone OS, Apple started with the UI. It's the single most important part of iPhone OS, and it's what set it apart from the competition (until now, Windows Phone 7 has a great UI and webOS is great too). They built the major functions slowly to ensure the highest quality performance and hardware optimization to provide the best user experience. Look at WP7, it's completely bare in terms of features aside from some sweet MS office functions. It has no copy and paste, no multitasking (despite what the fanboys will tell you), no customization, etc..

DBlanco

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I will give Apple credit for putting out the OS updates. Windows mobile has no OS improvments unless u buy a new phone

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Quit regurgitating the stupid crap you get from trolling other non iPhone forums. Its all been beaten to death already. Why is this thread even open still?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airwaysoffices