So I just dropped my iphone. The screen won't come on, I can't hear it ring, and I can't connect it to itunes because I can't type my password on my phone for obvious reasons. To top it off, I don't have a back up anymore because it was on my sisters computer which now has a new OS. I'm sol huh?
    05-14-2010 07:20 PM
    *shakes magic black ball* "outlook not so good"
    05-15-2010 10:57 AM
    Luckyi? Looks like you need a new screenname.

But seriously, if your phone is still under warranty, take it to an Apple store for replacement.
    05-15-2010 11:03 AM
    Luckyi? Looks like you need a new screenname.

But seriously, if your phone is still under warranty, take it to an Apple store for replacement.
    They don't cover drops.

To the OP, if you DO take it to Apple, insist that you didn't drop it. Whether they believe you or not is what will decide if you get a replacement :P
    05-15-2010 12:00 PM
    although, IF you happened to purchase the device at a Best Buy and signed up for their insurance program, then it will cover physical damage

not many people do it and regret it later on

jellotime, you are on the right track. i had a friend who did the same you as you said
    the device was dropped with very little physical damage and not working. it was replaced
    guess it's worth trying
    Last edited by BLiNK; 05-15-2010 at 12:38 PM.
    05-15-2010 12:36 PM
    haha ya your right, I need to change my screen name. Lucky I am not....

There is no way they will believe it wasn't dropped so that's out of the question. After I posted this yesterday my screen came on but it was all white and then turned off. I could here it taking a screen shot when I pressed both buttons and some how had it on the dial screen and could here the numbers being pressed. Can that be fixed if I have the screen replaced? I mainly just want to save all the info on it now.
    I have an old replacement phone right now and will probably just hold off and wait for the new iPhone. BUT, like I said I want to be able to save all my stuff on there. My numbers were not on my SIM card for some reason.....This is why you need to back up your phones people!!

Anyways, thanks for your help. I'll post the out come if I'm able to get it fixed.
    05-15-2010 02:29 PM
    I would take it to the Apple Store .. Just say it doesn't come on .. They will check for water damage and if they don't find any will likely give you a replacement, they are very good about that. I went through several early 3G's just for having light leaks and they were always great about it.
    05-16-2010 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD