Here's the first 3D ad in the world, starring a detailed model of the new iPhone 4G - iPhone HD: enjoy

05-14-2010 10:32 AM
    Pretty nice model although the sides are a little too shiny, and watch how fast Apple removes that app from
    the app store because they pulled something like this.
    05-14-2010 01:09 PM
    Pretty nice model although the sides are a little too shiny, and watch how fast Apple removes that app from
    the app store because they pulled something like this.
    I agree, sides are too shiny, but to actually reproduce blurred metal my mac told me it would cost me 40 hours of render... so I switched the material into a more shiny one but without falloff and blurred the hdri... but hey, you had a pretty smart look at it I'm impressed!

About the appstore and Apple... well... is a funny video, and to make parodies is legal

We also removed any apple logo (with the exception of the iPhone one since as developer we have the right to promote our products) and we also put an asterisk at the beginning of the video that explains that this is just an assumption

I believe Apple has btw a good sense of humour
    05-14-2010 01:15 PM
    The thing is you're using an actual unreleased next generation iPhone design to get attention for your app... Apple will not like that, so you'd best hope they don't see it.
    05-14-2010 01:23 PM
    The thing is you're using an actual unreleased next generation iPhone design to get attention for your app... Apple will not like that, so you'd best hope they don't see it.
    I understand what you mean, but if it would be true any site and blog that talks about the new iPhone prototype (since a website makes money via interesting articles cos it generates more views and more banner clicks) should be sued!

Anyway, I will let you know if any bad thing will happen
    05-14-2010 01:28 PM
    I'm not saying Apple would sue you, you probably have nothing to be afraid of in that department, but they definitely aren't going to be happy if they see this. :P

Either way it's pretty nicely done.
    05-14-2010 01:43 PM
    I'm not saying Apple would sue you, you probably have nothing to be afraid of in that department, but they definitely aren't going to be happy if they see this. :P

Either way it's pretty nicely done.
    Let's knock on wood then! Cheers mate!!
    Last edited by iMario; 05-15-2010 at 04:02 AM.
    05-14-2010 01:47 PM
    i guess this guy/girl is gonna keep shoving the coffee thing down our throats...

nice video by the way

Edit: touch wood? oh my...
    Last edited by BLiNK; 05-14-2010 at 03:10 PM. Reason: touch wood?
    05-14-2010 01:52 PM
    hahaha @ touch wood
    05-14-2010 07:04 PM
    wow... it took absolutely no time for this to find a gutter! lol
    05-14-2010 08:51 PM
    To the OP. .99 for your app. really? I was going to give it a look but I refuse to pay money for an app that does nothing. Now if you app could controll my coffee maker then I would pay for it. Cool ad but you do know that Jobs is going to have his gamma beams locked onto your home right.
    05-14-2010 09:37 PM
    hahahaha sorry, I mean "knock on wood"... I'm not english and I'm really talented in grammar "extravagances" :P
    05-15-2010 04:04 AM
    To the OP. .99 for your app. really? I was going to give it a look but I refuse to pay money for an app that does nothing. Now if you app could controll my coffee maker then I would pay for it. Cool ad but you do know that Jobs is going to have his gamma beams locked onto your home right.
    Well... you know... the dude abides
    05-15-2010 04:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD