VZW iPhone Not looking so good for now

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Ehhhh, this whole Verizon iPhone thing sometimes borders on getting retarted. I mean, first its just a phone. Second, Verizon could've had it , but they didnt want to play nice with Apple. So seems like they've shot themselves for this long. Furthermore, VZW has incredible, phones for it's users, they should get one of them. My wifey has a droid, she loves it. Anyway......just get me to July, when I'm upgrade elligable, so I can get the new iPhone HD/4G for $199 :). Oh I can't wait, this old 3G is killin' me(not really but I say it)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
No issues here with ATT keeping the contract a little longer. A Verizon iPhone exists for sure somewhere in the boiler room for testing, but I won't believe it until it's announced or Jizzmodo steals one and puts it on the internet.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't believe it at all. AT&T gets so much bad press, I really doubt they are clutching the exclusivity so dearly now. Although they may want to hold on to it until their network is good, so that people won't have a good reason to actually leave AT&T in most areas.

Baha! Jizzmodo? Sounds like a gay nerd dating site :)

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Well Verizon has done enough to soil Apple's phone, with their "In a world that can't" commercials. And if Jobs gets that upset at Ellen Degeneres' fake iPhone commercial, what kind of grudge is he holding over Verizon's head? Hmmmm.....I wonder.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Well Verizon has done enough to soil Apple's phone, with their "In a world that can't" commercials. And if Jobs gets that upset at Ellen Degeneres' fake iPhone commercial, what kind of grudge is he holding over Verizon's head? Hmmmm.....I wonder.

A very good point, it's not like Jobs has ever held a grudge for years or anything. LOL

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site

True, not to mention Apple went to Verizon FIRST with the iPhone and their foolishly turned Apple down.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
Does AT&T have iPhone exclusivity until 2010?

Based on reports of court documents filed 2 years ago (or something to that effect), AT&T is to be the exclusive US partner until 2012. I agree with the others that the most likely scenario is an iPhone when LTE is available and widespread. Of course, there are probably some sort of performance clauses in the original contract, and only Apple/AT&T know the current state of any contracts. And they're not openly sharing any info.

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
I want to see the iPhone 4G but HTC makes decent phones with HUGE screens. I expect the new iPhone to be something we haven't seen yet and that will hopefully be pretty epic!! VZW is trying to keep up, it's just a shame because I think that VZW has more reliable service without the iPhone and att has the iphone with a sub par network. It's all give and take.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
RKMichael, huge screens are only good for nerds. Apple markets to consumers, who don't want to get a cramp from holding their phone.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't think that huge screens are just for nerds I think people all just have different needs and tastes those who love the iPhone will always rock what apple puts out those who are google fan boys will always support google everyone has there preference but I would like to see apple put out a CDMA version some time soon

Right but we underestimate how HUGE the Evo 4G actually is. When you see it next to an iPhone, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's enormous! Most consumers do not want a gigantic phone. They want something pocketable. The Evo is like a mini tablet or MID..

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Until Verizon can do voice and data, this will go against too many of Apples commercials... It wont happen, Apple doesn't take a step back...

ptb127

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
I only have EDGE here where I live but have Verizon's 3G here so would definitely welcome an iPhone on Verizon!

alexhasfun28

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple and AT&T have been working together for years, and are happy with eachother. I don't believe they went to Verizon first. I believe they went to at&t, and at&t wouldn't hurry up with their decision, and so they took a shot at Verizon, they rejected. Apple then went back to at&t to see what their decision was at the end, and at&t approved. And from there it left off.. Happy companies/couples.(I Read this in an interesting article.) So I doubt they'd be dropping at&t soon, not unless Verizon rolls out their LTE within the next year. If not, Apple is just better off with Sprint.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox