I realized that while my iMac is asleep the iPhone stops loading. I suppose any other device stops too. I read that Mac OS cuts the power off the USB ports when in sleep mode.

Is there a way to keep loading a device while the Mac is in sleep mode? A tool .. or setting I missed ..

Thanks
    Falk
    05-04-2010 09:52 AM
    Nope. That would defeat the purpose of sleep mode. It's asleep and not supposed to be working. If I'm wrong, correct me.
    05-04-2010 10:47 AM
    If I'm wrong, correct me.
    No, you're correct! Asleep means - asleep!
    05-04-2010 01:37 PM
    Actually, I know from experience that MacBooks, at least, keep supplying power even while in sleep mode. A friend who accompanies me on trips from time to time has an aluminum 13" MB and plugs his iPhone in to charge overnight--all while the MB is asleep.

A fluke, perhaps?
    05-04-2010 04:26 PM
    Sounds like it.
    05-04-2010 04:38 PM
    I know what the sleep mode is. But I thought there is a possibility to load an iPhone while the machine itself is not in use. I suppose the only way is to switch of that mode.
    05-04-2010 05:02 PM
    Actually, I know from experience that MacBooks, at least, keep supplying power even while in sleep mode. A friend who accompanies me on trips from time to time has an aluminum 13" MB and plugs his iPhone in to charge overnight--all while the MB is asleep.

A fluke, perhaps?
    It's not a fluke, it's like this because the MacBook sleeps a lot more often than the iMac because it needs to conserve battery power.
    05-04-2010 05:25 PM
    And if you happen to be out of town in a hotel and rely on your notebook to charge your phone, set the power settings accordingly (if it's an option on a Mac) and don't close the lid all the way. It's never a good day when you have to get by on 20% battery power.
    05-04-2010 05:43 PM
    On the MacBooks USB devices get power when the MacBook is asleep only if the MacBook is plugged in. If the MacBook is not plugged in any USB devices connected to the MacBook will not get a charge if the MacBook is asleep.
    05-10-2010 12:25 AM
    Buy Cheapest Augmentin Here
    Augmentin blood thinner Augmentin xr vaginal infection Augmentin no script community bonnaroo com/augmentin] allimax vs augmentin
    community bonnaroo com/augmentin] allimax vs augmentin
    Augmentin resistance
    augmentin ning com/] augmentin xr
    Description of Stress When stress from work and recreation Augmentin as treatment for chlamydia
    05-10-2010 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD