What's the camera like? Is the resolution good enough to be able to take a decent photograph and then blow it up? I know it's 3 megapixels, but I need a translator to tell me what that means in practical terms. What will the optimized photo look like without making the photo look pixelated? (ie. max file size)
    05-01-2010 07:50 PM
    Why don't you just try googling for some pictures or something? The pictures are good quality for online viewing but it's really not enough definition for printing. The new iPhone has a lens twice the size of the current lens, so that should add a significant amount of fine details to the photo, along with a 5/8mp sensor the photos may actually be printable quality.

Really it depends on your standards but to me iPhone photos don't look very good at full size currently.
    05-01-2010 08:05 PM
    Why don't you just try googling for some pictures or something? The pictures are good quality for online viewing but it's really not enough definition for printing. The new iPhone has a lens twice the size of the current lens, so that should add a significant amount of fine details to the photo, along with a 5/8mp sensor the photos may actually be printable quality.

Really it depends on your standards but to me iPhone photos don't look very good at full size currently.
    Thanks, Jellotime. That pretty much answers my question. "Printable quality" is essentially what I was trying to figure out.
    05-01-2010 08:18 PM
    Yep no problem. I figured that because you said scalable.
    05-01-2010 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD