I have been told that you cant jailbreak 3.1.3, so i have been attempting to downgrade to 3.1.2 using a JPSW file i got from the blackrain download site.

I am running windows 7 with iTunes version 9.1.1, i have an iPhone 3g, currently running 3.1.3.

When i try to restore my iPhone back to 3.1.2 it goes through most of the steps, but i get the error message 1015 when it should have completed. The phone is then stuck on the 'connect to iTunes' screen. I have tried several Google suggestions like proper MDU mode before restore etc, but nothing seems to be working, any suggestions?
    05-01-2010 01:37 AM
    I have been told that you cant jailbreak 3.1.3, so i have been attempting to downgrade to 3.1.2 using a JPSW file i got from the blackrain download site.

I am running windows 7 with iTunes version 9.1.1, i have an iPhone 3g, currently running 3.1.3.

When i try to restore my iPhone back to 3.1.2 it goes through most of the steps, but i get the error message 1015 when it should have completed. The phone is then stuck on the 'connect to iTunes' screen. I have tried several Google suggestions like proper MDU mode before restore etc, but nothing seems to be working, any suggestions?
    I too thought the same but i used redsnow and it does work.
    use this...

Redsn0w (Redsnow) for iPhone 3.0 and iPod Touch 3.0 Launched – Unlock and Jailbreak on Windows | technoNix

i upgraded to 3.1.3 and until i found this was lost. but now i am free again. hope this helps
    05-01-2010 05:48 AM
    Thanks for your advice/help. I have tried to use Redsn0w, however when i locate the file that i just used to restore my iPhone with, it says that it was unable to recognize my specific IPSW.
    05-01-2010 12:55 PM
    Sorry I cant help further. never had that problem, only a novice myself, lol
    05-05-2010 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD