Pick YOUR date !!!

ryanwmurray

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
June 16.

Random guess.

And I honestly don't care which day in June (obv sooner rather than later), but as long as it's not released on the 7th of NEVER, I'll be happy.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, last year I was like 3 weeks from my upgrade on July 12th and was happy to get it on the first day. At least now if they don't do it, I'll only have to wait 2 days and hopefully they won't be sold out.

Yeah same, they let me upgrade anyway. I think for iPhone launch if you purchase it within the first 2+1/2 months of release roughly, you will be eligible for whatever upgrade (based on your plan price) the day the new iPhone is released.

ryanwmurray

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah same, they let me upgrade anyway. I think for iPhone launch if you purchase it within the first 2+1/2 months of release roughly, you will be eligible for whatever upgrade (based on your plan price) the day the new iPhone is released.

So if one buys a 3gs iPhone now, are they eligible for an upgrade when the new one comes out? Or do you have to have special privileges to do that? :S

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Like I said, within the first 2+1/2 months of release. So no, you wouldn't be able to upgrade :S

Yeah, hopefully they do the 2 months thing to cover my 2 days or so if it indeed comes out on the 18th.

Also, you have to have a monthly bill high enough (which I believe to be greater than $99 / month before taxes) to be on a 12 month cycle. Otherwise even if you get it on the release day, have the 2 month window you still probably wouldn't qualify.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, hopefully they do the 2 months thing to cover my 2 days or so if it indeed comes out on the 18th.

Also, you have to have a monthly bill high enough (which I believe to be greater than $99 / month before taxes) to be on a 12 month cycle. Otherwise even if you get it on the release day, have the 2 month window you still probably wouldn't qualify.

Yes, I mentioned the price plan qualification in my original reply.. I'm not sure the exact amount but in Canada it definitely wasn't $99+.

We'll see in June I guess.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site

Is this true? July will be 1 year for me on AT&T and between my wife and I we pay well over $100/month for our iPhones.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Is this true? July will be 1 year for me on AT&T and between my wife and I we pay well over $100/month for our iPhones.

I think it's per phone.. you'd have to be paying over $200 together.. unless it's a family plan? I don't know about the family plan upgrade-ability.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I think it's per phone.. you'd have to be paying over $200 together.. unless it's a family plan? I don't know about the family plan upgrade-ability.

we have a family plan and are pretty close and we have shady service. ill have to call them and "talk" to them once the new phone is announced and see what my price will be.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com

Yes, it's per line. I have a family plan with a friend and I. My bill is over $100 because it has the main phone package $40 + $30 family text + $30 data. The second account only has $10 for phone line + $30 for data plan so it's not eligible until March of 2011.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
It will more than likely be a Friday. So 18th is looking real good. 11th if they want to shock everyone... "Oh and one more thing... it comes out this Friday. Muahahahaha (evil Dr. Evil laugh)."

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Yes, it's per line. I have a family plan with a friend and I. My bill is over $100 because it has the main phone package $40 + $30 family text + $30 data. The second account only has $10 for phone line + $30 for data plan so it's not eligible until March of 2011.

Correct. :)

Two of my lines is eligible; might just get two of these bad boys and sell one. :)

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Correct. :)

Two of my lines is eligible; might just get two of these bad boys and sell one. :)

If you are eligible it means you are entering a new 2 year contract, so I don't think that would be a good idea. I love selling my old iPhone though for about what I paid for it though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2