YouTube quality

rob90262

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
When is the iPhone going to get better quality for YouTube I would think for the first phone to have a YouTube app that apple would have HQ videos And yea I know when on wifi they come in better but I'm not always on wifi.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The quality is optimized for the lowest possible waiting time while on 3G or EDGE.
The first phone with a YouTube app in fact DOES display HQ videos, but only when you are on a speed that can handle it.
If you don't like this, jailbreak and get the app My3G to trick your iPhone into thinking it's on Wifi. However it will severely increase loading times.

[removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the answer and I could care less about your opinion about my run on sentences

Your post seemed like you had a very rude attitude, and you acted as if the iPhone owes you something.. That's the kind of attitude you might get back in return... Shock! :O

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
So if I use my iphone on Wi-fi can I get full quality through the web browser youtube instead of the app?

Cheers

I assume so, yes. But YouTube has modified their desktop version and it no longer works on iPhone for some stupid reason.

EDIT: Just tested, it indeed allows HQ through the browser.

rob90262

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Your post seemed like you had a very rude attitude, and you acted as if the iPhone owes you something.. That's the kind of attitude you might get back in return... Shock! :O

I know the iPhone doesn't owe me anything I just think it sucks that other phones like android get the option for HQ and apple doesn't.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I know the iPhone doesn't owe me anything I just think it sucks that other phones like android get the option for HQ and apple doesn't.

Yes but we do have the option... Apple just chooses to disable it when it doesn't make sense. Do you really want to wait 10 minutes for HQ to watch a 3 minute video? Most people don't.

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Isnt it on wifi only? I tried watching some on 3g and i could barely see my screen. But then again i was in the sun. So either we wait for them to roll it out or as jellotime said, jailbreak it :D