iphone LED notification light

sblocker

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
i was really hoping that with the new iphone that apple would put a notificaton light in like the blackberry has, is it just me or was anyone else hoping to see it to?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I would like one only for the sake of continuity with other apple products - MacBook and iMac cameras have a green light beside them that lights up when the camera is on. It'd be neat to have that feature on the iPhone as well.

forgot

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
The thought actually hadn't occurred to me. I usually keep my phone either on me, or next to me, so it's very rare that I miss something. That said, I know not everyone does that. It would be handy, but it wasn't on my "wish for" list in 4.0 .

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
In my Treo days, the first app I would install would be one to disable the LED. I hated that thing flashing, or glowing, at night.

mo98

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I wish they would just make the square on the home button flash. Of course you could disable it if you want.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I would like something like that as well. If you work in a room full of servers all day, sometimes you miss a chime or a notification because of the noise. And vib isn't very reliable if you are wearing relaxed fit slacks or jeans.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see some sort of notification light ... I actually miss that feature, it was nice to glance and see if you had a alert. I might be the minority here, but it is missed form me.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I would like to see some sort of notification light ... I actually miss that feature, it was nice to glance and see if you had a alert. I might be the minority here, but it is missed form me.

It'd be nice to have the light beside the camera lens, green if the camera is on or blue if you have a notification waiting (and the screen is locked). Though it should be very subtle. Visible in daylight but not distracting in dark lighting..

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I also think it would be a good idea for the square on the home button to light up for notifications

That is a good idea too, forgot to mention that one. But yeah it would look really cool. Just imagine your iPhone, docked, sitting on your bed-side table, you get an email and "ding!" the home button lights up smoothly and the screen tells you you have a new email.. It'd be nice. It would also be cool to double-tap home rather than swiping to take you to that notification.

ericg1840

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
I think they should include something similar to the mackbooks. the notification light when the laptop is on but the screen is shut. It's just a little white light that flashes and when its not in use you can't even tell its there

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I think they should include something similar to the mackbooks. the notification light when the laptop is on but the screen is shut. It's just a little white light that flashes and when its not in use you can't even tell its there

Well, maybe there secretly is one there but we haven't found it. hah

NFaMuS one

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree. It would be nice to have it like Blackberry does, but at the same time I'm kind of getting used to not having it. As was said previously, it did have a tendency to get annoying at times. It would be good to have the option, but at least be able to toggle it, so it caters to everyone.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I personally don't like notification lights. It sounds like I'm in the minority on this one.

I don't like them at night. I have my phone on the nightstand next to the bed and I don't need a flashing light going off/on during the night. Now, if there's some sort of profile setting, I can live with them. But, for the most part, I'm in agreement with you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2