Gray Powel should annouce the iPhone 4.0 this summer

Enders

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm totally serious, in what would I think would be perceived as an ultimate act of class to dispel a large majority of his megalomaniacal image ( you all know the ones I'm talking about ); Steve Jobs should have Gray Powel make the announcement alongside him.

Thoughts? Discuss!:)

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I like that idea , Apple needs to loosen up , so what if there big secret is out there , look how much buzz it is getting . I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't all planned by Mr Jobs him self .

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Although I would love this, it will never happen.

Also, those people that think Apple did this on purpose are just wrong. They would be getting more buzz between now and WWDC with people trying to figure out what it will have. Rumors here and there. Now we know and the story is focusing on is Gizmodo going to get sued? Prison time? Also, now the competition knows what the next gen iPhone will bring a full 2 months before it's released for them to try and start planning on how to one up them.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Although I would love this, it will never happen.

Also, those people that think Apple did this on purpose are just wrong. They would be getting more buzz between now and WWDC with people trying to figure out what it will have. Rumors here and there. Now we know and the story is focusing on is Gizmodo going to get sued? Prison time? Also, now the competition knows what the next gen iPhone will bring a full 2 months before it's released for them to try and start planning on how to one up them.

You're right. Apple would've NEVER orchestrated this, it will hurt 3GS sales far too much. But Apple won't have trouble wowing us with the presentation for a few reasons:

1. We don't know all the details of the hardware yet for sure (screen, camera resolution, capacity, processor)
2. Secret software features. Apple always leaves software open for a while and waits until close to the presentation date to choose whether or not to include certain things... I think we'll see Apple really pulling out ALL the stops on the final OS 4.0 release.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'd rather see the old guy who got his finger ripped off do an iPad commercial

DENVER - A man is missing his new iPad and part of his pinky finger after a robbery at a Denver shopping mall.

Fifty-nine-year-old Bill Jordan says he just purchased Apple's latest must-have item at Cherry Creek Mall on Thursday and was near the parking garage when a thief grabbed the bag tied around Jordan's hand.

He says the bag wouldn't come off and the thief yanked it so hard that it stripped part of Jordan's pinky down to the bone. Doctors later amputated part of the finger.

Jordan had purchased the tablet computer for a friend in Canada. Denver police were still searching for the culprit Tuesday.

Man loses part of finger in iPad theft - Tech and gadgets- msnbc.com

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
1. We don't know all the details of the hardware yet for sure (screen, camera resolution, capacity, processor)
2. Secret software features. Apple always leaves software open for a while and waits until close to the presentation date to choose whether or not to include certain things... I think we'll see Apple really pulling out ALL the stops on the final OS 4.0 release.

Yeah, there are still some mysteries left to enjoy.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, there are still some mysteries left to enjoy.

Indeed. I can't wait to see what they do with iChat. OS-wide integration of an IM service would be so much better than any of the third party solutions. I think it will really be something special, and will definitely rival BBM as there is even a desktop login, so you can always be connected to your IM using only one account. Much more efficient.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If Apple really wanted to use this whole fiasco at launch they should have a bar stool on stage with the phone sitting on it LOL Then Steve can walk out and pick it up call Gray Powell out and ask him if he lost his phone ;)

Enders

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
If Apple really wanted to use this whole fiasco at launch they should have a bar stool on stage with the phone sitting on it LOL Then Steve can walk out and pick it up call Gray Powell out and ask him if he lost his phone ;)

This. lol

Making the best of all this would be most beneficial to them. Tons better then being pricks that would sue people involved ( people who would probably not be able to pay whatever ridiculous amount of money that goes for this sort of thing ) into oblivion.

Should totally turn this into an opportunity to convert and show a kind face for the Apple brand.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
This. lol

Making the best of all this would be most beneficial to them. Tons better then being pricks that would sue people involved ( people who would probably not be able to pay whatever ridiculous amount of money that goes for this sort of thing ) into oblivion.

Should totally turn this into an opportunity to convert and show a kind face for the Apple brand.

It would be very nice. It would also get the actual presentation talked about more than usual. I hope Steve has time sometimes and reads TiPB forums.. LOL

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Indeed. I can't wait to see what they do with iChat. OS-wide integration of an IM service would be so much better than any of the third party solutions. I think it will really be something special, and will definitely rival BBM as there is even a desktop login, so you can always be connected to your IM using only one account. Much more efficient.
iChat process disappeared on beta 2, so wonder if it will appear again or if it's been scrapped for 4.0.

Haha, that would be great!

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
You're right. Apple would've NEVER orchestrated this, it will hurt 3GS sales far too much. But Apple won't have trouble wowing us with the presentation for a few reasons:

I hope you're right, and Apple adds a few things they might have otherwise held back, just to compensate for loss of mystery, and to fight specs with features.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Perhaps Steve should sport a Donald Trump hairpiece, sit across the bar counter from Gray Powell, and deliver the "Your fired" line. Heh. Ok, seriously -- I hope they handle Mr. Powell with kid gloves and maybe just punish him with mail room work for a week or so, answering all of the conspiracy mail. ;)

D-Rock

Oct 5, 2009
Visit site
I think Gray Powell should open up the event by welcoming everyone and then have Security throw Gizmodo's asses out. A small revenge but revenge none the less.

Hellpop

May 6, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to go on the other end of the spectrum here and say while it would be funny, this guy should sooooo be fired. He gets drunk and loses a highly secret piece of property and everyone seems to think he should get a pass. Consider all the long term planning Apple invests towards each product announcement that his act of negligence has just mucked up. Between the added planning, legal time and other commotion over this, what do you think he has cost the company and its stockholders? Would you trust this guy with your documents or private material? Unless he is some kind of savant, I would boot him in a heartbeat.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to go on the other end of the spectrum here and say while it would be funny, this guy should sooooo be fired. He gets drunk and loses a highly secret piece of property and everyone seems to think he should get a pass. Consider all the long term planning Apple invests towards each product announcement that his act of negligence has just mucked up. Between the added planning, legal time and other commotion over this, what do you think he has cost the company and its stockholders? Would you trust this guy with your documents or private material? Unless he is some kind of savant, I would boot him in a heartbeat.

That's true.... I never really thought about it that way. I think, people just don't want anything REALLY bad to happen to him, so they have kind of turned it around and started acting like he deserves to be rewarded or something... Weird.