What if Apple decides to punish us and those in charge of leaking spyshots, but announcing that they had plans to release the new iPhone HD this summer but due to leaked info, they will scrap the project and make us wait a whole year and release the next iPhone next summer ?
    04-20-2010 09:09 AM
    Doubt it. They aren't stupid enough to let competitors have an extra full year to catch up and in many ways, surpass the iPhone, which some have done already.

My question is how is Jobs going to make the presentation good when we all know what it looks like?
    04-20-2010 09:28 AM
    Doubt it. They aren't stupid enough to let competitors have an extra full year to catch up and in many ways, surpass the iPhone, which some have done already.

My question is how is Jobs going to make the presentation good when we all know what it looks like?
    My point exactly. Apple is known for building up the antisipation & excitement over a new product ,,, and Mr Jobs might reconsider this release now that its not the secret he was hoping it'd be till the presentation day....
    04-20-2010 09:47 AM
    The percentage odds of that happening is a firm 0.
    04-20-2010 10:18 AM
    The percentage odds of that happening is a firm 0.

Thats what Steve said about chances of new iPhone info leaking before June 22nd

I can guarantee that there is a huge possibility that they will totally redesign this just to save their "hush-hush" reputation.
    04-20-2010 10:24 AM
    I think it's most likely that this is a prototype that doesn't reflect the final design. There's probably many different looking prototypes at Apple HQ. I find it very hard to believe they'd let an employee leave The building with the chosen final design.
    04-20-2010 10:32 AM
    Thats what Steve said about chances of new iPhone info leaking before June 22nd
    Link to an article saying exactly what you mentioned above.
    04-20-2010 10:35 AM
    Link to an article saying exactly what you mentioned above.
    I will rather link you to a dictionary site that explains the word SARCASM!

Unclench
    04-20-2010 10:46 AM
    I think it's most likely that this is a prototype that doesn't reflect the final design. There's probably many different looking prototypes at Apple HQ. I find it very hard to believe they'd let an employee leave The building with the chosen final design.
    This, 100x this.
    04-20-2010 10:52 AM
    A company like Apple would not "spite" the blogosphere by not release a product that will drive millions in sales...
    04-20-2010 10:57 AM
    A company like Apple would not "spite" the blogosphere by not release a product that will drive millions in sales...
    Actually if ONE company would choose to go that route, it WOULD BE Apple .

I personally think they will redesign it. There is NO WAY ,Apple would release a product after its been leaked online .
    04-20-2010 11:03 AM
    In reality, how many different designs can they have? They aren't going to go from one extreme to the next. If you look at the majority of touchscreen phones, they all basically look the same from a hardware perspective. Maybe one has some trim that looks different, a slideout keyboard or it's more round at the edges, but they are still relatively the same. While this may not be the final design, I doubt it will look drastically different.
    04-20-2010 11:11 AM
    THIS is what I want it to look like . Much more slick and modern looking .

Last edited by Cory Streater; 09-03-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    04-20-2010 11:23 AM
    nevermind.
    Last edited by ghostface147; 04-20-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    04-20-2010 12:16 PM
    Going thinner like that and keeping the curves makes it harder to cram more tech in the body. They'd need to sacrifice battery size even more and that's exactly the opposite of what customers want.
    04-20-2010 12:32 PM
    THIS is what I want it to look like . Much more slick and modern looking .

GOD!!!!!!!!! That phone looks AMAZING!!!! The screen is beautiful and the back if beautiful. I wish Apple would release something like this. DAMN this mock up of an iphone is beautiful!!!!1
    Last edited by Cory Streater; 09-03-2012 at 11:37 AM.
    04-20-2010 01:09 PM
    That phone
    1. can not exist with today's technology
    2. would not be ergonomically sound
    3. would suck
    4. is really ****ing ugly.

There's this large faction of fanboys who think "the thinner the better"... Sorry but I enjoy a luxury product feel, not a piece of paper feel. iPod touch feels terrible because it's too thin. It's the only device that feels better with a case.
    04-20-2010 02:25 PM
    Thats a nice render from a couple years ago. Wonder what the thinking with the home button was?
    04-20-2010 02:26 PM
    Thats a nice render from a couple years ago. Wonder what the thinking with the home button was?
    I like everything BUT the home button
    04-20-2010 02:53 PM
    Where did that photo come from? It's pretty nice actually.

I honestly don't give a **** if they wait another year to release it, I just want to know one way or another what's happening so I can just buy a 3gs or not.
    04-30-2010 12:48 PM
    Where did that photo come from? It's pretty nice actually.

I honestly don't give a **** if they wait another year to release it, I just want to know one way or another what's happening so I can just buy a 3gs or not.
    We'll know more at WWDC in about a month or so...
    04-30-2010 12:50 PM
    What if Apple decides to punish us and those in charge of leaking spyshots, but announcing that they had plans to release the new iPhone HD this summer but due to leaked info, they will scrap the project and make us wait a whole year and release the next iPhone next summer ?
    Yeah I just don't even see this as a valid question. Apple has spent millions of dollars on R&D for the new device and it just would not make good business sense for them to waste all that money just because we got to see it a couple of months early. That said if they did do it I would put all the blame on Gizmoto.
    04-30-2010 05:03 PM
    I've heard that is 99% the final product.
    04-30-2010 10:41 PM
    I've heard that is 99% the final product.
    I'm guessing it is. It's been said 100x (mostly by me on here), but apple finalizes the designs in January, and we saw the exact same phone on the table next to the iPad in that photo... So.. I'm thinking this IS the next iPhone. Maybe there won't be those seams though. That's the only design change I can imagine though.

And to those saying they might've redesigned after the leak, that would never happen. Apple takes half a year to design the iPhone, then they spend the next half testing durability and functionality. You can bet they are already working on the preliminary stages of designing the 2011 iPhone.
    04-30-2010 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD