It's been reported on foxnews.com that apple has reserved the convention center where they debuted the ipad. they reserved it for june 22 and it's been highly speculated that they will debut the new iphone that day. Anyone have any news on this? or comments?
    04-19-2010 12:21 PM
    I am willing to bet that the date you mentioned is for the preview of the hardware with the actual device coming out probably a couple of weeks after that. If it's that late in June, I would think sometime in early July it would debut for sale.
    04-19-2010 12:23 PM
    I am willing to bet that the date you mentioned is for the preview of the hardware with the actual device coming out probably a couple of weeks after that. If it's that late in June, I would think sometime in early July it would debut for sale.
    So there is "officially" going to be a new iphone released this year?
    04-19-2010 12:24 PM
    I can't say 100% for sure, but it wouldn't seem to make sense to for Apple to allow two years to go by without a hardware refresh. If I were a betting man, I would say yes, there will be a new hardware release this year.
    04-19-2010 12:32 PM
    I can't say 100% for sure, but it wouldn't seem to make sense to for Apple to allow two years to go by without a hardware refresh. If I were a betting man, I would say yes, there will be a new hardware release this year.
    Niiice! I wonder how much better it will be compared to the current iphone.....you made my week! Now if june could get here any quicker!
    04-19-2010 12:47 PM
    Again history with AT&T blocking off vacations for a time period tells us when it will be on sale. Not sure of the date that was leaked for that time period but it was in June.
    04-19-2010 01:32 PM
    The latest the iPhone was ever released was July 7th. That was in 2008. 2007 was June 11th I
    believe, which was the earliest. And last year was June 17th.

Remember that the first iPhone was introduced in January of that year.
    04-19-2010 05:15 PM
    The latest the iPhone was ever released was July 7th.
    Close, but the 3G was released on July 11th
    04-19-2010 07:35 PM
    Err actually...

It was June 29th
    July 11th
    and June 19th.

However this is the announcement date, not the release date! Last year the release was less than a week after the announcement. I have a feeling this year it will be similar. It'd be interesting if they had another June 29th release! :P
    04-20-2010 07:02 AM
    It wouldn't make much since for Apple to not release a new phone this year. All the people in the States who jumped on board with the 3G but skipped 3GS are due for an equipment upgrade at subsidized pricing.
    04-20-2010 06:41 PM
    I am really looking forward to the new iPhone, I hope that it looks like the version that Gizmodo had. Looks smooth!
    04-21-2010 02:22 AM
    I cant wait , the suspense is killing me
    04-21-2010 10:29 AM
    This would be a great birthday for me this year. Currently a BlackBerry 9700 user, but seriously considering the iPhone. At this point, I may as well hold out for something new. What's a couple of more months
    Same boat. 9700 user and thought about moving to the 3GS but decided to wait it out for a few months to get the new one (getting one with a 64GB HD will end up being better as I want this thing to take the place of my iPod too).

Ready for the release of this thing to see what the final specs look like.
    04-21-2010 11:07 AM
    Same boat. 9700 user and thought about moving to the 3GS but decided to wait it out for a few months to get the new one (getting one with a 64GB HD will end up being better as I want this thing to take the place of my iPod too).

Ready for the release of this thing to see what the final specs look like.
    I'm stoked too! Can't wait to get my hands on a new one.....Maybe I should go to my local bar to see if one is "lying around"
    04-21-2010 12:08 PM
    I look forward to having the next iPhone iteration, but alas, I'll have to be patient. I'm not due for an upgrade with AT&T until November, so I'll probably be patient, stick it out with running 4.0 on my 3GS, and maybe Santa will stuff an iPhone G4 in my stocking
    04-21-2010 12:46 PM
    I look forward to having the next iPhone iteration, but alas, I'll have to be patient. I'm not due for an upgrade with AT&T until November, so I'll probably be patient, stick it out with running 4.0 on my 3GS, and maybe Santa will stuff an iPhone G4 in my stocking
    If I had to wait until Christmas, I'd just wait until the 2011 iPhone comes out the following June. I'd hate to buy an iPhone and then 6 months later the new one comes out.. I like having the full year to enjoy the latest phone before the update.
    04-21-2010 03:40 PM
    If I had to wait until Christmas, I'd just wait until the 2011 iPhone comes out the following June. I'd hate to buy an iPhone and then 6 months later the new one comes out.. I like having the full year to enjoy the latest phone before the update.
    Good idea. But of course, that would require even MORE patience. Ugh.
    04-21-2010 03:45 PM
    Our Iphone 3Gs is only a few months old, we will wait till next years new or upgraded phone.

KC
    04-21-2010 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD