New iphone June 22?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
It's been reported on foxnews.com that apple has reserved the convention center where they debuted the ipad. they reserved it for june 22 and it's been highly speculated that they will debut the new iphone that day. Anyone have any news on this? or comments?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am willing to bet that the date you mentioned is for the preview of the hardware with the actual device coming out probably a couple of weeks after that. If it's that late in June, I would think sometime in early July it would debut for sale.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I am willing to bet that the date you mentioned is for the preview of the hardware with the actual device coming out probably a couple of weeks after that. If it's that late in June, I would think sometime in early July it would debut for sale.

So there is "officially" going to be a new iphone released this year?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I can't say 100% for sure, but it wouldn't seem to make sense to for Apple to allow two years to go by without a hardware refresh. If I were a betting man, I would say yes, there will be a new hardware release this year.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I can't say 100% for sure, but it wouldn't seem to make sense to for Apple to allow two years to go by without a hardware refresh. If I were a betting man, I would say yes, there will be a new hardware release this year.

Niiice! I wonder how much better it will be compared to the current iphone.....you made my week! Now if june could get here any quicker!:cool:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Again history with AT&T blocking off vacations for a time period tells us when it will be on sale. Not sure of the date that was leaked for that time period but it was in June.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The latest the iPhone was ever released was July 7th. That was in 2008. 2007 was June 11th I
believe, which was the earliest. And last year was June 17th.

Remember that the first iPhone was introduced in January of that year.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Err actually...

It was June 29th
July 11th
and June 19th.

However this is the announcement date, not the release date! Last year the release was less than a week after the announcement. I have a feeling this year it will be similar. It'd be interesting if they had another June 29th release! :p

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
It wouldn't make much since for Apple to not release a new phone this year. All the people in the States who jumped on board with the 3G but skipped 3GS are due for an equipment upgrade at subsidized pricing.

ugahairydawgs

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
This would be a great birthday for me this year. Currently a BlackBerry 9700 user, but seriously considering the iPhone. At this point, I may as well hold out for something new. What's a couple of more months :)

Same boat. 9700 user and thought about moving to the 3GS but decided to wait it out for a few months to get the new one (getting one with a 64GB HD will end up being better as I want this thing to take the place of my iPod too).

Ready for the release of this thing to see what the final specs look like.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Same boat. 9700 user and thought about moving to the 3GS but decided to wait it out for a few months to get the new one (getting one with a 64GB HD will end up being better as I want this thing to take the place of my iPod too).

Ready for the release of this thing to see what the final specs look like.

I'm stoked too! Can't wait to get my hands on a new one.....Maybe I should go to my local bar to see if one is "lying around" ;)

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I look forward to having the next iPhone iteration, but alas, I'll have to be patient. I'm not due for an upgrade with AT&T until November, so I'll probably be patient, stick it out with running 4.0 on my 3GS, and maybe Santa will stuff an iPhone G4 in my stocking ;)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I look forward to having the next iPhone iteration, but alas, I'll have to be patient. I'm not due for an upgrade with AT&T until November, so I'll probably be patient, stick it out with running 4.0 on my 3GS, and maybe Santa will stuff an iPhone G4 in my stocking ;)

If I had to wait until Christmas, I'd just wait until the 2011 iPhone comes out the following June. I'd hate to buy an iPhone and then 6 months later the new one comes out.. I like having the full year to enjoy the latest phone before the update.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
If I had to wait until Christmas, I'd just wait until the 2011 iPhone comes out the following June. I'd hate to buy an iPhone and then 6 months later the new one comes out.. I like having the full year to enjoy the latest phone before the update.

Good idea. But of course, that would require even MORE patience. Ugh. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2