Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Are you off your rocker?

I don't think Steve Jobs even knows the HTC Incredible exists! The Nexus One is the only viable threat because Google is officially backing it... Apple doesn't give two ****s about the HTC Incredible.

Umm..yeah...ok, So your are saying Jobs' has his butt so far up his butt that he doesn't even pay attention to his competition? Knowing exactly who the competition is, is how Jobs' keeps Apple profitable to the tune of billions of dollars. Not knowing your competition "exists" is a great way to go out of business.

What history? You obviously know nothing about Apple's PR strategies.

This is going to severely hurt the 3GS sales for the next few months, and that is NOT what Apple wants. If Apple orchestrated this leak, they would've made sure it didn't expose so damn much and the story wasn't all over every national news station!

Apple doesn't give a flip about 3Gs sales right now. They are on the eve of launching a new phone. Most, if not all, of their focus is on that....and the iPad of course.

I used to get upset and not understand why Android users would call us Apple users blind sheep. I can now clearly see why that is.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Umm..yeah...ok, So your are saying Jobs' has his butt so far up his butt that he doesn't even pay attention to his competition? Knowing exactly who the competition is, is how Jobs' keeps Apple profitable to the tune of billions of dollars. Not knowing your competition "exists" is a great way to go out of business.

Apple doesn't give a flip about 3Gs sales right now. They are on the eve of launching a new phone. Most, if not all, of their focus is on that....and the iPad of course.

I used to get upset and not understand why Android users would call us Apple users blind sheep. I can now clearly see why that is.

No, what I'm saying is Apple doesn't care about phones that don't have the marketing background to take on the iPhone's mindshare. They only care about the Nexus One right now because it has such a huge marketing presence and Google is pushing it all over the place.

And, you honestly think Apple doesn't care about 3GS sales??? before the next iPhone's announcement (not even release), the majority of an entire fiscal quarter will have passed. You think Apple doesn't care about decreased 3GS sales which could QUITE drastically effect the fiscal quarter (3rd Quarter: April 1, 2010 - June 30, 2010)??? It would cause investors to lose interest, and their stock would suffer.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Just thought I'd add a little more info to the shaky backstory Gizmodo is giving. I don't care either way but wanted to add in the relevant info

Legality of Gizmodo's Next-Generation iPhone Acquisition Examined - Mac Rumors

From the article:

What he never did, however, was notify anyone who worked at the bar, according to its owner, Volcker Staudt. That would have been the simplest way to get the phone back to the Apple employee who lost it, who "called constantly trying to retrieve it" in the days afterward, recalls Volcker. "The guy was pretty hectic about it."

Nor did the finder report it to the Redwood City Police Department, says Sgt. Dan Mulholland.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
No, what I'm saying is Apple doesn't care about phones that don't have the marketing background to take on the iPhone's mindshare. They only care about the Nexus One right now because it has such a huge marketing presence and Google is pushing it all over the place

I'm sure Jobs' is keeping his eye on Google since they are typically on the bleeding edge of tech however I don't think Apple isn't too worried about the marketing aspect of the Nexus One seeing how it has a $529 (subsidized) price point. Right now, Apple blows the Nexus 1 out of the water with price point and end product. Because of the Nexus 1's current price point, I truly believe it's target audience is uber geeks and loyalist. However this could all change if Google drops the price by a couple of hundred bucks.

Last edited:

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
I'm sure Jobs' is keeping his eye on Google since they are typically on the bleeding edge of tech however I don't think Apple is too worried about the marketing aspect of the Nexus One seeing how it has a $529 (subsidized) price point. Right now, Apple blows the Nexus 1 out of the water with price point and end product. Because of the Nexus 1's current price point, I truly believe it's target audience is uber geeks and loyalist. However this could all change if Google drops the price by a couple of hundred bucks.

Another aspect to consider regarding the Google vs. Apple subject is the cultural difference -- specifically with respect to open system and closed system. Google (Android) is going to have appeal to the masses that generally don't have access to the iPhone on their carrier and either have no knowledge or no interest of the jailbreaking option. The Android OS will also appeal to users that enjoy "tweaking" their handset and customizing it. Conversely, the Apple culture consists of a closed system where Apple controls to a great degree the appearance and function of the iPhone via their OS and iTunes. For millions of iPhone owners, this has worked well because they don't want to tweak their phones -- they just want it to work and work well. They also see the benefit of tens of thousands of apps to choose from. As long as Apple continues innovating, it's hard to imagine even Google/Android making a serious dent into their marketshare.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
lungho
Actually, the Nexus One was offered at a $179 subsidized price point, and it will soon be on Verizon at the same price or likely lower (Spring 2010 according to Google.com/phone). Yes Apple blows the N1 out of the water in terms of market share, but that's not what Apple worries about. Apple worries about losing the mind-share. They don't want to be thought of as the grandfather clock, while the Nexus One is the cool, new, and "different" play thing for "individuals". That's what Apple is afraid of, and Google is doing a damn good job of marketing it as the "new alternative", using youthful campaigns and young YouTube personalities, who marketed it to their millions of subscribers in order to have received one for free.

iBri
Android is catching up on the number of apps surprisingly quickly. They got up to 40,000 apps very quickly from a meager 1,000 apps not too long ago. Granted, Apple is around 200,000 now, but the Android App Marketplace is booming, there's no doubt about it.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
One thing I find ironic is that this blog site is usually littered (can't seem to find any right now) with Nexus 1 ads. It makes me chuckle and my stomach turn all a the same time.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
One thing I find ironic is that this blog site is usually littered (can't seem to find any right now) with Nexus 1 ads. It makes me chuckle and my stomach turn all a the same time.

I've never seen an N1 ad, I guess because I am in Canada.
I do see a lot of Telus ads for Android phones, and HTC ads! :p

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Errrr.. I can see what you mean because it has a silver trim around a black phone, but a lot of phones have done that. It's more like a waaay more attractive and much more nicely built version haha.. :p

I hate how people are saying Apple is borrowing from HTC though, first of all I don't know any HTC phones that look like this, second the design language is much more similar to the new iMac than any cellphone currently on the market.

I completely agree to agree with you.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Man I love fakesteve this stuff was so hilarious had to add it to the thread.

The Secret Diary of Steve Jobs : Gruber wants to make a citizen’s arrest at Gawker and Gizmodo

Gruber wants to make a citizen?s arrest at Gawker and Gizmodo

Like a lot of his fellow Apple employees, John Gruber of Daring Fireball is incensed about Gizmodo taking possession of a stolen iPhone and turning it into a scoop. But Gruber is going a little bit around the bend. He?s been emailing me nonstop, telling me I should have everyone arrested. And here is his latest post, where he makes the case against Gizmodo and the guy who found the phone in the bar, claiming they have all broken the law, that under the California penal code (hoo boy) what they did constitutes theft, and then he loads up some innuendo about how the whole story of ?finding? the phone doesn?t make any sense and what if these guys actually followed some Apple engineer and picked his pocket or something, and even if they didn?t do that, they should all be sent to the chair put in prison for life.

Gah. And now Daniel Eran Dilger is weighing in, with a finely crafted 16,000-word essay on the whole thing which basically concludes that, (a) yes, this all happened, and (b) Windows people are stupid assholes who are always conspiring against Apple because we are the one true holy church of technology, and it drives them crazy that we?re so good and they?re so evil. And Andy Ihnatko, another Friend of Apple, says Gizmodo are scum.

I can?t deal with Dilger and Ihnatko ? even over email they give me hives. But Gruber I can handle. I keep telling him, John, dude, I love you like a son, but you?re letting this get to you, it?s getting under your skin, you need to let it go, and anyway it?s not up to us to file criminal charges. We can?t do that. So go bug the cops or something. He says he?s done that, but the cops in Redwood City won?t do anything, and now he?s thinking about just making the arrest himself, and if that doesn?t work then he?s going to go to law school and become a lawyer and bring a civil lawsuit against Gawker Media and the finder guy.

Good luck with that.

mullrat

Jun 8, 2008
Visit site
Love the design. More like the original iPhone with the flat back. I love that my original would be able to lay flat on a table and I could type on it or surf the web in it without it constantly wobbling.

Very industrial design with lots of chrome.

But for me personally it's the internals and more specifically the battery that I am looking forward to. Because honestly the Current iPhone 3GS battery sucks.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Love the design. More like the original iPhone with the flat back. I love that my original would be able to lay flat on a table and I could type on it or surf the web in it without it constantly wobbling.

Very industrial design with lots of chrome.

But for me personally it's the internals and more specifically the battery that I am looking forward to. Because honestly the Current iPhone 3GS battery sucks.

Really? I used the 3G for a year and I thought the battery was god awful, but I think the 3GS battery is really impressive.

In any case, I'm sure that a 16% battery size increase along with the advancements made in the past year will make for an impressive increase in battery life.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
haha, that's cool, i was just wondering.

are you jailbroken? or what's your take on that? i assume you are not.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
haha, that's cool, i was just wondering.

are you jailbroken? or what's your take on that? i assume you are not.

Of course I am jailbroken.

I was against it because on the 3G it severely decreased performance and stability, however the 3GS is much more impervious to this and performs MUCH better with multitasking and UI-altering tasks.

Ever since being jailbroken on my 3GS, there are a few reasons I can't go without it:

BiteSMS (quick reply capabilities)
Infinidock
LiveClock / WeatherIcon (WHY Apple hasn't implemented this feature I do not understand)
Backgrounder & Proswitcher (for now)
Lockinfo <-- another thing I can't see why Apple doesn't offer.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Of course I am jailbroken.

I was against it because on the 3G it severely decreased performance and stability

You know I don't understand to this day why people blame JB. The act of Jailbreaking the phone does nothiing to the stability or performance it's the apps or other modifications that you use/do on the phone after it's Jailbroken. I have been Jailbroken on each version of firmware and I have only upgraded to the next version when it's available. I have never had any problems with freezing or have to reboot my phone anymore than any other vanilla iPhone I've seen. I understand there are tons of different methods to JBing the phone and perhaps I just use a more stable method who knows. I am not a heavy user of JB apps however, I just use the ones that do what I need which is probably very light use compared to other people. So take from that what you will I just don't understand why people blame the JB.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
You know I don't understand to this day why people blame JB. The act of Jailbreaking the phone does nothiing to the stability or performance it's the apps or other modifications that you use/do on the phone after it's Jailbroken. I have been Jailbroken on each version of firmware and I have only upgraded to the next version when it's available. I have never had any problems with freezing or have to reboot my phone anymore than any other vanilla iPhone I've seen. I understand there are tons of different methods to JBing the phone and perhaps I just use a more stable method who knows. I am not a heavy user of JB apps however, I just use the ones that do what I need which is probably very light use compared to other people. So take from that what you will I just don't understand why people blame the JB.

I'm not blaming the jailbreak, as you can see in my post I feel like the jailbreak is perfectly stable on a device that can handle it. It's because of the 3G's weak processor and paltry about of RAM that the jailbreak doesn't perform well and makes the experience janky.

If you were to be very minimal about it, it still makes the 3G laggy, for example none of my friends with 3G want to use proswitcher because it is really laggy for them. For me on my 3GS is runs like a dream. That's what I'm trying to explain here... I'm not blaming the jailbreak.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro