• It's Not So Hot

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I would just think that if they were real, Apple would immediately send a cease and desist letter. As stated previously, the design is slowly growing on me.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
well all of this hype has made it to the front page of MSN

@Ipheuria, i remember a while back you had mentioned something about the new iPhone possibly looking like the old style Nano...

can you also let me know what this weeks Powerball numbers are? :)

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Personally, I loved the form-factor of the iPhone 2G, was less awe-inspired by the 3G and 3GS, and feel that if this is indeed the G4, then I'm pleased as punch in that it more resembles the 2G :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I hate to say but I really don't like it yet. I'm sure it will grow on me and it won't keep me from getting it when it comes out, but there is just something about that does not look as elegant as the 3GS.

See it's so funny when I read the tipb blog about it and saw so many people saying they hate the design it was so weird. I love the design it was a bit different at first compared to the usual iPhone shape and design so I was thrown a bit but I LIKE it. You can never please all the people all the time.

Powerball hmmmmmm 1,4,6,28,32 and 37 if you win I want 50K of it though :D LOL

My friend and I were talking and just trying to reason things out and it's just hard. It just seems too early to beleive that Apple would leak it on purpose to create marketing hype. If it was two or three weeks away from the launch it would be feasable but 2 months that seems too long a period of time. We thought maybe Apple is trying to ride the wave of success of the iPad and after the international customers have been told they have to wait for another month maybe they wanted to create positive hype . So customers would see 1 month as a short period of time while drooling over the new iPhone and still having to wait for 2 months. I personally love the look of this leaked phone, front facing camera, new camera lens on the back with flash and a higher res screen plus OS 4 the anticipation has just begun.

echaos1210

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
I hate it, it looks to much like an HTC product they need to come better with the design....and if this is the design i guess ill be getting a new iphone 3GS

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I really like the "supposed" new design. The more and more I like at the 2 handsets side by side the uglier and uglier the 3GS looks to me. Its the chrome ring on the 3GS that looks chintzy to me.

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
Assuming the pictures are of a real iPhone G4 and it hits the market with little or no changes, the flat back of the design is appealing for two reasons: 1) it will sit flat on a table and not rock back and forth when tapping on the screen like the current 3G/3GS, and 2) the form-factor should be easy for case makers to design cases. :)

Samuell#IM

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
That iPhone looks incredible. With this phone and the OS upgrade there is a good chance I will be sitting in line for this phone rain or shine. I am a blackberry converter, I had a touch and didn't realize how much i loved it until it was stolen. I am so excited...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
That iPhone looks incredible. With this phone and the OS upgrade there is a good chance I will be sitting in line for this phone rain or shine. I am a blackberry converter, I had a touch and didn't realize how much i loved it until it was stolen. I am so excited...

Yep, after seeing this design there's a good chance I'll be sleeping outside for this one! :p

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
So now gizmodo.com has a story about how they got it.

Yeah I saw that. Quite interesting.

The most intriguing thing about this iPhone, is that the parts are officially labeled "APPLE" on the insides, so, that means this is in fact the new iPhone OR Apple planted it.

If Apple planted this on purpose and orchestrated this leak (which is being speculated because they have not issues a C&D Order), then they might have something even better up their sleeves. I highly doubt they would wow us with this amazing phone, and then come out with a minor update and disappoint us all again.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
They wont be able to please everyone but damn will they please me if this is hot it's going to look. I love this new look and I will be getting one as soon as it's for sale. I am glad I didn't bother getting a 3Gs and I've started saving already.

I've been reading that the phone is considered to be stolen and that the company that owns gizmodo possibly found the person with the phone and buying it from them. I'm just wondering how can you buy something that is Apple's property? Why hasn't Apple gone to get it back they know where it is? I'm sure you guys have already seen it but this is taken from Daring Fireball

"Gizmodo Paid for iPhone 4G Prototype ★

Gawker chief Nick Denton on Twitter, in response to this question about how Gizmodo came into possession of a prototype next-generation iPhone:

Yes, we?re proud practitioners of checkbook journalism. Anything for the story!

Consider that if the device was truly lost by mistake, they have cost at least one person their career. And if the device was not lost but stolen? well, the story behind this unit is almost certainly more interesting than the device itself. And the device is fascinating.

Anyway, I heard yesterday from multiple sources that Gizmodo paid for the unit."

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm not really digging the case, but we'll see how that plays out. I wouldn't be surprised were this some kind of failed prototype case they "planted" to get the rumor train flowing so they could drop an even better design on us in 2 months.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I like how it's not rounded, just don't know about those volume buttons. Guess I will have to see how it is in real life

The volume buttons are like that because Apple knew that design-wise it was unsound to allow programmability of a volume rocker. It would just seem ridiculous to control two different functions with what is essentially one button, it really only works with volume up/down.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
They wont be able to please everyone but damn will they please me if this is hot it's going to look. I love this new look and I will be getting one as soon as it's for sale. I am glad I didn't bother getting a 3Gs and I've started saving already.

I've been reading that the phone is considered to be stolen and that the company that owns gizmodo possibly found the person with the phone and buying it from them. I'm just wondering how can you buy something that is Apple's property? Why hasn't Apple gone to get it back they know where it is? I'm sure you guys have already seen it but this is taken from Daring Fireball

"Gizmodo Paid for iPhone 4G Prototype ★

Gawker chief Nick Denton on Twitter, in response to this question about how Gizmodo came into possession of a prototype next-generation iPhone:

Yes, we?re proud practitioners of checkbook journalism. Anything for the story!

Consider that if the device was truly lost by mistake, they have cost at least one person their career. And if the device was not lost but stolen? well, the story behind this unit is almost certainly more interesting than the device itself. And the device is fascinating.

Anyway, I heard yesterday from multiple sources that Gizmodo paid for the unit."

Of COURSE they paid for the unit! I heard they dropped $10k for it. That's quite substantial but the advertising money they are making now probably exceeds that.

Judging by a few factors, I believe this IS the finalized design (apart from the seams that will likely be removed):

It was seen in the original January spy shot of the iPad. You can even make out the circular buttons and new silent switch. Months later in March, we uncover the beauty you see in the photos. iPhone designs are always finalized by January.

By the way, Gizmodo has a story up on how they got it, and the guy who was in possession of it actually commented on the story because he was mad that they are just spitting his name out allover the place. I think he said something like "what the heck man, I am human!".

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If they dropped this design on me I'd be happy if it's even better sweet. If they did something more like the already used design after seeing this I would be highly disappointed. The removable battery, I've been dying for that since the 1st generation. See I just don't understand if they feel like they own the phone now because they paid for it? It still remains Apple's property especially if they consider it stolen. I'm just surprised at Apple's non action so far which is not what I expected at all. I almost feel sorry for the Apple employee that lost the phone because Apple's gotta be blasting them about now. I just read the story on gizmodo and I don't know if I beleive that it sounds so scripted and fake. Damn now I'm going to be dying for 2 months to see if this is the damn phone.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If they dropped this design on me I'd be happy if it's even better sweet. If they did something more like the already used design after seeing this I would be highly disappointed. The removable battery, I've been dying for that since the 1st generation. See I just don't understand if they feel like they own the phone now because they paid for it? It still remains Apple's property especially if they consider it stolen. I'm just surprised at Apple's non action so far which is not what I expected at all. I almost feel sorry for the Apple employee that lost the phone because Apple's gotta be blasting them about now. I just read the story on gizmodo and I don't know if I beleive that it sounds so scripted and fake. Damn now I'm going to be dying for 2 months to see if this is the damn phone.

I think the story is actually real. I have no reason not to believe it. It does sound scripted but I choose to believe it.

Removable battery is definitely coming, they wouldn't put all that work into making the internals sturdy and clean if the battery wasn't going to be removable. I'd like to know what the mechanism is to take the back off though! Because nobody has shown that yet for some reason.

If they went back to something like the current design I don't think I'd even but it out of sheer disappointment. This design is just so sturdy and so much more professional. I HATE the scratchy plastic back. The glass back would be my favourite thing about the new phone. :)

Duvi
Really? The moment I saw the first shots I knew exactly what it would look like in proper lighting :p I guess some people just need to see clearer photos to get excited. My friend was really "meh" until he saw the Giz photos.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i sure hope they managed a bigger & better battery in that puppy
if not, the crying will continue until the 5G rumors

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member