iPhone HD Youtube Ad

Aphotik

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if there's already a thread on this. I searched and didn't find anything.

But we've all probably seen the supposedly "leaked" iPhone HD ad on Youtube by now. And with all the rumors going around of all the features that the new iPhone is going to have, (not to mention the newly released features in OS 4.0) the ad doesn't look so farfetch'd as it originally looked.

I mean it's certainly possible that somebody is a big enough fanboy to create something like that, (in fact I know there are people who definitely would) but it just seems like it has all the features that everyone is predicting.

Higher Resolution: From the looks of the ad it does seem like the phone has a much higher resolution. (And a bigger screen)

Front-facing camera: Evidence points to this being a feature in the next hardware update.

Flash: Looks like there is another lens under the camera lens, which I'd assume isn't a lens at all but a flash for the camera. (Right? Idk lol)

Wallpaper and new dock: OS 4.0 revealed customizable wallpaper and a new dock, both of which are seen in the ad.

The only thing that seems out of place is that the home button is gone, replaced by what looks like a touch-sensitive button. That and there is no multi-tasking or folders present.

A lot of people are saying it looks like a magic mouse with a screen on it too. Touch-sensitive casing maybe?

Idk I just like to speculate. I've been wanting an iPhone for a long time, and now that all these features are coming out coupled with juicy rumors makes me want to believe this ad is real. :p

Anyway, who thinks this is real? Would Apple actually make something like this? What else is out of place here?

Edit: Also realized the calculator app isn't updated to its new icon.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The video is well done - the design is absolutely horrible.

As to whether or not the ad is real - it definitely is NOT real. There's no doubt about that. Apple doesn't make ads months before a product is released.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
And the font is wrong, but the video is done nice and personally I like the design

Regardless of the details though the end-all be-all of it is that we NEVER see ads for products before they are released. This kind of ad would never ever be leaked :p

And idk what kind of crack you are smoking if you like that design. As if the hunch-back wasn't enough, it goes all spaceship and two-tone in the front as well... It looks horrible.

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
the ad is done well, idk if i like the design though, not big on a phone that will rock back and forth when its laying on a table. But again, the ad was nice.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yikes, I hate the look of that phone .. Thank goodness it's not real, I am hoping that it really looks like some of those aluminum mockups that have been floating around.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it's real, but it does have that Apple feel to it. I really like how the phone looks in that vid though.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73