Can someone tell me why all of a sudden I have in my contacts, the same person listed multiple times? It all of a sudden happened? Did I change some setting or something? Please help?
    04-12-2010 05:04 PM
    What are you syncing your contacts with - iTunes? Outlook? Google? Are you using any 3rd party contacts apps on your iPhone?
    04-12-2010 05:40 PM
    My cousin has this same issue. He syncs to iTunes. Weird.
    04-12-2010 07:29 PM
    I've had this issue when I first setup and synced with Google. But once I deleted the dupes, the problem never reappeared.
    04-12-2010 10:11 PM
    Yeah, I sync with Google and when I went on gmail I saw that there were dupes on there also. It is weird. Also, some of my contacts have been reorganized and are listed my multiple identifiers (i.e. last name and first name both). I can change the group to be my phonebook and it will work fine but I don't remember this happening before. Can anyone give me some advice?
    04-13-2010 07:38 AM
    As lungho said, I also had the problem when I first started syncing with Google. I'm not sure why it happens. Only thing to do is go in to Google and delete the dupes.
    04-13-2010 08:49 AM
    I have this problem too, syncing Mac Address Book via iTunes. After deleting the dupes on the iPhone, some have been known to come back!

I suppose the best thing to do, after deleting the dupes, is to delete the backup and let iTunes create a new one in the next sync. So far, I haven't taken the trouble to do this!
    04-13-2010 09:16 AM
    Had the same issue. I was thinking it might have to do with Facebook syncing contacts, but I'm not positive.
    04-13-2010 04:48 PM
    often times the dup. contacts come from having the device synced with the address book as well as over a web service such as google or mobileme. often times the easiest way to fix this problem is uncheck the "sync contacts with iphone" from the info pane in itunes when the phone is plugged in.
    04-14-2010 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD