"iPhone runs OS X!"
    Huge cheers. "Why would we want to run such a sophisticated OS on a mobile device? It's got everything we need. Multitasking, networking, power management, graphics, security, video, graphics, audio core animation..."

Multitasking?!?!

Hmmmm...

I just have to laugh at this because nobody realized 'multitasking; would be ipod and safari and mail running in the background.

[from Engadget]
    04-11-2010 02:26 PM
    Have to disagree. At the time that is exactly what every body was thinking because there were no third party apps of any kind.
    04-11-2010 02:31 PM
    I see your point, but, Apple had a 2.0 gameplan most likely and new the multitasking they were talking about was different. But to contradict myself, they DID have to set the bar someplace.
    04-11-2010 04:44 PM
    Or maybe they were referring to simultaneous voice & data. That's honestly true-multitasking as both apps (phone & data app) are being used at the same time
    Last edited by Duvi; 04-12-2010 at 03:38 AM.
    04-12-2010 03:21 AM
    iPhone 1.0 could very much multi-task, it didn't run any third party apps, so, multitasking was achieved by:
    iPod
    Safari
    Mail
    Clock (timers, alarms)
    Phone + Data

So yeah. When I read the quote I was like WTF but then I remembered, 1.0 did multitask as much as it needed to.
    04-12-2010 04:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD