Interesting Tidbit from Macworld '07

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
"iPhone runs OS X!"
Huge cheers. "Why would we want to run such a sophisticated OS on a mobile device? It's got everything we need. Multitasking, networking, power management, graphics, security, video, graphics, audio core animation..."

Multitasking?!?!

Hmmmm...

I just have to laugh at this because nobody realized 'multitasking; would be ipod and safari and mail running in the background.

[from Engadget]

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Have to disagree. At the time that is exactly what every body was thinking because there were no third party apps of any kind.

Hakala

Mar 20, 2009
forum.theiphoneblog.com
I see your point, but, Apple had a 2.0 gameplan most likely and new the multitasking they were talking about was different. But to contradict myself, they DID have to set the bar someplace.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Or maybe they were referring to simultaneous voice & data. That's honestly true-multitasking as both apps (phone & data app) are being used at the same time :)

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 1.0 could very much multi-task, it didn't run any third party apps, so, multitasking was achieved by:
iPod
Safari
Mail
Clock (timers, alarms)
Phone + Data

So yeah. When I read the quote I was like WTF but then I remembered, 1.0 did multitask as much as it needed to.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner