Ok, so... to start, I *LOVE* my iPhone! iTunes and the way it works with my iPhone starts to stir a bit of irritation, though... I quickly found a way to change where iTunes stores music and all related files so it wouldn't clutter up my main system drive, however, it seems that no matter what I do, the apps I download on my phone never fail to get dumped to the default C: drive/folders.

Am I just stupid and missing something? How can I change the default location for apps, and will it ruin things if I manually move them and reload them into iTunes?

And, as an off the wall question, is my iPhone backup stored in a default location as well?
    04-09-2010 08:50 PM
    Wow, really? Nobody has ever tackled this issue before, or has any insight?

w00t for me for discovering a new issue! LOL

Ok, ok, all sarcasm aside (tic), does anyone have some tips for me, or is this just something I alone wonder about?
    04-10-2010 11:01 PM
    Hmm.. I'd have to say you're most likely alone in this issue.. Most people don't generally care where apps are stored because iTunes is so secretive about it. If you simply moved them yes it would break the connection between the apps and iTunes, however if you deleted them in iTunes after pasting them into a new folder (don't delete them when you copy them, delete from within iTunes), then drag and drop them from the new location into the iTunes app window, it should read them from the new location, however if you purchase an app it will most definitely end up at the old location.

It's unfortunate iTunes doesn't have a preference for this!
    04-10-2010 11:20 PM
    No Sketso, you're not alone. I've been looking for a way to do the same thing. I've found many articles like this, but as far as I can tell, the usual procedure relocates just about everything but the Mobile Apps folder. I have yet to actually try, though.
    04-15-2010 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD