Still no lockscreen info?

AndrewEwing

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Of all the cool features that would have made me switch back from my jailbroken 3G S, they could not integrate a simple notification manager on the lockscreen. I currently use intelliscreen which displays my upcoming calendar events, recent mail, and weather all without unlocking my phone. I would love to see this on an iPhone OS, but no. That seems to much for their progression. What do you guys/gals think about this? Is it important to you?

AndrewEwing

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I would think that would be more important to mention than iBooks. It's a feature almost all smartphones share. What croud will read a book on an iPhone? I guarantee 90% of regular iPhone users would like to be able to flip through a new email or text without unlocking and entering the app.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
90% huh? I'd like to see those statistics. Oh, and since you guarantee your statement, what's my compensation if you're wrong?

As people dig through the current version of OS 4, they are finding things not mentioned in the keynote. For example: iChat. It's still not clear that iChat is going to be on the phone, but there is an iChat service running in OS 4. If iChat is planned for the final version of OS 4, wouldn't that be bigger news than iBooks? And yet, iChat wasn't mentioned in the keynote. Odd how that works, huh?

You might not think iBooks is a big deal, but I do. I have been trying to figure out which reader software I was going to concentrate on, and with the announcement of iBooks for the iPhone (including syncing), I'm sold. iBooks is my reader of choice now. I guess that puts me squarely in the 10% category of your little "survey." Or maybe I'm an irregular iPhone user?

Besides, consider this: Apple may be developing a changed notification system but it's not ready. Maybe it's not even close enough to ready to show at a preview event. If they show it now, and then something goes wrong (remember the fuss over push notifications), people are going to call for the developer's heads on a stick. Why would they put themselves through that again?

But then, so many people here and on other websites seem to desperately want to forget that what we saw yesterday was just a preview. Nothing more. What people have on their devices now is just an early build of OS 4. Things are bound to change before summer. Things are bound to be added, tweaked, or even removed. It's the nature of software development.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods