You're most definitely not the only disappointed but at least it's better than what we had before 3.0, which was nothing. If you happen to be jailbroken, there are plenty of alternatives for notifications.
    I most definitely have my iPhone jailbroken which is why a lack of notification reform is so much more painful. My eyes have been open but Apple still hasn't seen the light.
    04-11-2010 12:04 AM
    mullrat hit it on the head - The APIs that are available to developers now are going to take the iPhone to another level in terms of the quality of apps, while it is already miles ahead of other platforms in the quality, quantity, and variety of apps.

BlackBerry's "Super Apps" will have some extremely hard competition to be compared to now.
    04-13-2010 02:43 PM
    The one thing I think is inexcusable about iOS4 is the lack of even a simple notification system. The way it works now involves notifications stacking up on top of each other. To actually look at them, you have to do it in a single order based on when they were received. And if you decide to respond to one, all of the others magically disappear. It's crazy, and I don't see how Apple thinks we can go through our daily lives like this.

Hopefully since Apple has acquired the designer of the best mobile notification system (webOS), we'll see a great new system at or before the iOS5 release.
    06-20-2010 07:34 PM
    Who would ever leave the iPhone. I could never do it. All the things it does other phone don't. I can never go back.
    06-20-2010 07:35 PM
    Who would ever leave the iPhone. I could never do it. All the things it does other phone don't. I can never go back.
    I tried leaving iPhone. I went into a Sprint store and test drove all their Android devices. One had a more vivid LCD screen, another had a better keyboard, another had a bigger screen. There wasn't one phone that made me want to leave iPhone. Also, the Android OS seemed clunky....cobbled together...whatever, I didn't like it.

I'm not leaving iPhone until the competition can, not only catch up but, leap past iPhone with a better product.
    06-20-2010 10:02 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD