hey tanks, its my ps3 handle also. but as soon as jobs said NO multi on 3g -- all hope was lost
    i hear ya. i have a 3G as well, don't you have major lag with multitasking?
    04-08-2010 10:38 PM
    i hear ya. i have a 3G as well, don't you have major lag with multitasking?
    depends what im trying to multitask.....cod zombies or nfsu yes little laggy and even more if u run a full theme....but right now it does everything i need
    04-08-2010 11:01 PM
    I think the question was a bit confusing to some as they think the 4.0 software that was released is whats final. Or at least, whats suppose to come to the next iPhone. But its really just a taste to whats its suppose to be. Multi-tasking is great for what it is right now. I mean, how many people complain about battery life, yet they want more to do at the same time. That'll eat up your battery quicker. Until they come up with a longer lasting battery life for the next iPhone, multi-tasking is what it is right now and it is good.
    04-08-2010 11:09 PM
    I think the question was a bit confusing to some as they think the 4.0 software that was released is whats final. Or at least, whats suppose to come to the next iPhone. But its really just a taste to whats its suppose to be. Multi-tasking is great for what it is right now. I mean, how many people complain about battery life, yet they want more to do at the same time. That'll eat up your battery quicker. Until they come up with a longer lasting battery life for the next iPhone, multi-tasking is what it is right now and it is good.
    battery life does suck, espically jailbreaking. but he said once its multi then if the app doesnt need anything it wont give it anything so it will just sit there....should not affect the battery life, unlike android where taskill is king
    04-08-2010 11:29 PM
    Really you think it was a lame update. What did you want to see in the new OS that you did not get? Multi-tasking by itself is a major step forward, plus the ability to have custom backgrounds, I think that it is a great update.
    I've been multitasking for quite a while after jailbreaking. Main thing i don't like about apple's version is having to double tap the button. That's spotlight for me and different things for others like camera. It'd be sweet to see a gesture area at bottom. Swipe left to go back. Swipe up to bring up the multitasking dock.

I suppose though if such a thing were to happen, that's new hardware and wouldn't be talked about right now :P

But only having one home button is limiting. Certainly apple doesn't want any more buttons..i don't either. Palm..."nailed it" (as steve jobs would say) with a gesture area. Apple needs to rip it off. Palm can't do anything since it ripped off apple as well.
    04-09-2010 08:02 AM
    I've been multitasking for quite a while after jailbreaking. Main thing i don't like about apple's version is having to double tap the button. That's spotlight for me and different things for others like camera. It'd be sweet to see a gesture area at bottom. Swipe left to go back. Swipe up to bring up the multitasking dock.

I suppose though if such a thing were to happen, that's new hardware and wouldn't be talked about right now :P

But only having one home button is limiting. Certainly apple doesn't want any more buttons..i don't either. Palm..."nailed it" (as steve jobs would say) with a gesture area. Apple needs to rip it off. Palm can't do anything since it ripped off apple as well.
    Well I'm glad that you are liking the JB, for people like me who are never going to JB their iPhone the multi-tasking is awesome. I think that it is being done right by Apple, and I also think that the double tap of the home button is just fine for what it is doing. One thing that Apple is really good at is keeping things simple and making them work. But lets just leave the multi-tasking out of it, I still don't see how a 5x zoom for the camera, spell check, unified in box, tap to focus on the video camera and the 90 some updates can be considered a lame upgrade.
    04-09-2010 01:36 PM
    My sig says it all
    04-09-2010 04:53 PM
    My sig says it all
    somethin' tells me you will still come here though, lucky us
    04-09-2010 05:16 PM
    I'm thinking about a "cheap phone and iPad" combo.
    04-09-2010 05:29 PM
    iPhone for life!!!!!!!!!
    04-09-2010 07:01 PM
    My sig says it all
    yea why are you in these forums??
    04-09-2010 07:03 PM
    yea why are you in these forums??
    Because I have a damn iPhone that's why. Don't f'ing question why I am here & don't tell me I suppose to slobber over everything that is apple.
    NEXT
    04-09-2010 07:54 PM
    Because I have a damn iPhone that's why. Don't f'ing question why I am here & don't tell me I suppose to slobber over everything that is apple.
    NEXT
    The PROBLEM is that you are a troll. All you do is bash the iPhone left and right. If you don't like it, get a different phone and move on. You are entitled to your opinions but you hang around here and just trash the phone. Ok, we get it, you don't like your iPhone, why do you have one again?

Get a different phone, switch carriers. Seems like the logical answer to me.
    04-09-2010 08:30 PM
    The PROBLEM is that you are a troll. All you do is bash the iPhone left and right. If you don't like it, get a different phone and move on. You are entitled to your opinions but you hang around here and just trash the phone. Ok, we get it, you don't like your iPhone, why do you have one again?

+1 for saying what's needed to be said for a long time!
    04-09-2010 08:37 PM
    I encourage anyone who sees trolling, spam, or anything else that is against forum policy (Yes, that includes "trolling") to report the issue immediately that way myself or one of the moderators can act accordingly.

This is and always has been a friendly environment and we plan on keeping it that way.

Have a nice day.
    04-09-2010 08:47 PM

Very well said. I always wonder about people like that.
    04-09-2010 09:10 PM

I will in December as my sig states Miss Etheridge(if 4.0 does not give me what I want).I just bought into all of the Iphone hoopla(which is not me considering I am not a follower like maybe you are).But maybe I will like the new 4.0 ..........Uh but than again maybe not considering i seen nothing about the disgusting reception when the phone is enabled to 3g.Edge is wonderful on my phone...
    And the title of this thread is "who will ditch their iphone now since 4.0 is out"
    And I answered sorry if you or the mod's did not like the response.I am not going to sugarcoat crap to put a smile on your face...
    04-10-2010 02:30 AM
    ppl always complain,the iphone is best phone ever,they sold 50 million phones in 3 years!!!! that alone speaks for itself... my iphone is jailbroken and its has some really cool apps,BUT i get tired of my phone going in safe mode every other day!!! ok i have proswitcher,but it is really laggy... 4.0 software will be the the end of jailbreaking..and listen guys,this is just the software...we dont even know about the new hardware yet....what the android phone is better because of a notification bar please!!!! how many plam pre do u see!!! when the iphone comes to all the carriers,the iphone will be like the razr... everybody will have one..
    04-10-2010 02:58 AM
    IUh but than again maybe not considering i seen nothing about the disgusting reception when the phone is enabled to 3g.Edge is wonderful on my phone...
    And the title of this thread is "who will ditch their iphone now since 4.0 is out"
    And I answered sorry if you or the mod's did not like the response.I am not going to sugarcoat crap to put a smile on your face...
    That is an ATT issue not an iPhone issue. I use 3G all the time and never have any issues with dropped calls or poor reception. Your right of course that you are entitled to your own opinion, but that works both ways, others are well within their rights to question the motives of a person who claims to hate the iPhone and still hangs around TiPb.
    04-10-2010 04:15 AM
    See what happens when you keep insulting people on the forums...

OK, show over - back on topic.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 04-10-2010 at 10:05 AM.
    04-10-2010 09:41 AM
    Am I the only one utterly disappointed by the lack of change in the notification system? It's a freaking pop up based system!
    04-10-2010 10:07 AM
    I really enjoy my iPhone .. Don't think I will be leaving it anytime soon.
    04-10-2010 12:22 PM
    Am I the only one utterly disappointed by the lack of change in the notification system? It's a freaking pop up based system!
    You're most definitely not the only disappointed but at least it's better than what we had before 3.0, which was nothing. If you happen to be jailbroken, there are plenty of alternatives for notifications.
    04-10-2010 12:38 PM
    You're most definitely not the only disappointed but at least it's better than what we had before 3.0, which was nothing. If you happen to be jailbroken, there are plenty of alternatives for notifications.
    Well, i guess it boils down to, if you had 4.0 (assuming you dont) would you go back to 3.0 for expecting something better IN 4.0.?
    04-10-2010 06:59 PM
    iphone has the best games, graphics in a handheld, just like when game gear came out it blew away gameboy....my wife has a mytouch and the only thing i like about the android is it can get 3G...
    04-10-2010 07:58 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD