• iPhone 3.0

Votes: 38 28.4%
  • iPhone 4.0

Votes: 6 4.5%

• Total voters

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I try not to adopt any 1st generation technology because: 1) It's generally too expensive & 2) v2.0 is usually a better product. I couldn't see myself paying between $500 & $600 for a 4GB or 8GB 1st gen iPhone.

I happily jumped on the bandwagon with the 3G and have never looked back.

Dionte

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
I was waiting for a phone with 3g service and that was subsidized by the phone company, so I got the 3g when it was released.

xpunksbeendeadx

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
I got the 3G with 2.0 because I was finally able to afford it. Coming from a Virgin Mobile pay as you go to the iPhone was like being in the desert and moving to Hawaii.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Does this elevator go up? I'm actually in the basement. Haaa.

2G with 1.0 was awesome... I loved the feel, but wasn't feeling the weight. It seemed heavy with the metal-like backing.

I also loved the fact that not too many people had one, especially at the $600 price point.

Favorite part of:

2.0 - apps
3.0 - copy & paste (never knew I could use this so much)
4.0 - I'll reserve this until all the features get announced come WWDC. I could care less about multitasking.

nickanglin89

Aug 26, 2009
www.facebook.com
almost bought a 3G & was a Apple nOOb & didn't know what the 3Gs was. i started out on 3.0 then had to unlock my 3Gs to t-mobile after having issues w At&t. want a new iPhone preferably a white 3Gs message me if interested in selling here's my twitter @TheWhite_Ranger

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I waited 6 months after the 1st iphone came out to purchase it. I?m glad I did, because that?s when they dropped the price, plus I wanted to see how successful the phone would be. I started with 1.0 and have loved every upgrade to the OS. Here?s hoping for a HUGE OS and Hardware upgrade for 4.0!!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
iPhone 1.0, day one. Stopped thinking of myself as a Palm user by the end of the day. Look only forward. Waiting for my iPad GS, the announcement of the 4G phone, the shipment of OS 4.0, the shipment of the 4G phone, OS 4.0 for the iPad, Christmas, and the New Year.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

2G with 1.0 was awesome... I loved the feel, but wasn't feeling the weight. It seemed heavy with the metal-like backing.

I also loved the fact that not too many people had one, especially at the $600 price point.

Favorite part of:

2.0 - apps
4.0 - I'll reserve this until all the features get announced come WWDC. I could care less about multitasking.

4.0 - Folders and the developer creativity that will be released by the new APIs.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

Favorite part of:

2.0 - apps

3.0 - I am going to assert that copy-and-paste is more important on an iPhone than on other devices because it is the only means of communication between closed purpose-built applications. The 4.0 APIs may foster easier communication.

Last edited:

Itan

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
OS 1.0. Day one. Been hooked ever since. I hav a 3GS now, but my husband is still using my 2G. It has not missed a beat.

lillil

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Iphone 4ever

i started off with the 2g with 1.0 os i loved it it seems kinda crazy now seeing is how i paid 600 dollars for an 8gb model and now you can get a 32 for half that but it def seemed revolutionary to me and i loved the applications and how easy it was to navigate through everything im sticking with the iphone i have had every model now and cant wait for the release of the new 4g the evo might have a front facing camera but they have no software to really put it to use with ichat and the amount of people who own an iphone that front facing camera will not go to waste i cant wait!!!:cool:

DaveKay

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I started with 1st gen going from a treo
Now on 3gs but 4 yr old grandson still uses 1st gen for games and videos
Now we are all Apple with 3 iphones, 3 ipods, 1 27" imac, 15" macbook pro and iPad3g on way

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro