Need Help With Creating A Ringtone

macdude08

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to create a ringtone in itunes. The audio file I have is not something I downloaded from the itunes store. When I choose Store>Create Ringtone, I get an error message that says "A ringtone cannot be created from the song 'NCIS Theme Music'. You can create iPhone ringtones only from songs purchased from the iTunes Store." My question is why is that? Why can't I create a ringtone from a song downloaded outside the itunes store?

macdude08

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
I tried to go to the iringer website, but I get a message that says "Service Unavailable". Do you know where else I can go to download iringer?

aapierre

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Can any of you guys tell me why itunes sync wants to remove all of my music and video if i try and sync the ringtones i have created ?

aapierre

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Not to worry

I use manually manage and as a result I just needed to drag and drop the ring tones not try and sync them.

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
You can trim songs by changing the "Start Time" and "Stop Time" by right clicking the tracks in iTunes and selecting "Get Info". After you have trimmed the clip, create an AAC version of the song, and change the file extention to .m4r and add it to iTunes. You can change the "Start Time" and "Stop Time" back to normal after this.

AlexW52

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
You can trim songs by changing the "Start Time" and "Stop Time" by right clicking the tracks in iTunes and selecting "Get Info". After you have trimmed the clip, create an AAC version of the song, and change the file extention to .m4r and add it to iTunes. You can change the "Start Time" and "Stop Time" back to normal after this.

This has worked for me before. I have even been able to email some to my dad on his blackberry and he can use them as well.

ivhs72

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Use Garage Band. You can import music, trim it, adapt it, play with it, and then export it as an iPhone ringtone.

So simple a caveman could do it...... :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro