hiya i'm planning to buy a 3rd-gen iPod touch and was reading thru the features and notes on the device.

i have several .avi files that i have downloaded. may i ask is there a built-in feature to manually convert or auto convert video files (to the necesarry compatible format) before uploading to the iPod Touch without compromising much on the video qaulity?

If No, then what video file converter is the best out there for the iPod Touch?
    04-05-2010 11:41 AM
    Hi
    Well it depends if they are you-tube videos just delete them and use aTubeCatcher {Google it...}
    If that doesn't work use the AVI to iPod converter lol
    heres the site(AVI To iPod Converter - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com) i haven't tested it but you can simply just Google avi to video converter search around and hopefully find what you need if you need further assistance send me a message! XD
    04-05-2010 02:14 PM
    Handbrake is free and it's excellent!
    04-05-2010 02:59 PM
    video file converter is the best out there for the iPod Touch?
    Well, I think the suitable is the best, just get the one you need!
    personally, handbreak is not bad, but it is the best DVD encoder I think. For mac conversion tools, maybe you can try ifunia.
    06-21-2010 02:46 AM
    I use AirVideo Free It allows me to stream videos from my computer to my phone, and also can convert them. The free version will only show you 5 random videos in the queue, the full version will show you all of them.

App Shopper: Air Video Free - Watch your videos anywhere! (Utilities)
    06-21-2010 07:56 AM
    Handbrake is free and it's excellent!
    I second that recommendation!
    06-21-2010 07:59 AM
    I've been using Air Video, and it is terrific. Not free, but very easy to use, and it works great.
    06-21-2010 10:37 AM
    I've been using Air Video, and it is terrific. Not free, but very easy to use, and it works great.
    I've been using the free version. Haven't had need for the pay version, only put the videos I am ready to watch in the queue and it is never more than 5. I have used the convert function and was very happy with it.
    06-21-2010 10:41 AM
    Handbrake is great.
    06-21-2010 11:21 AM
    Please search before posting a new thread. Thank you.

Thread closed.
    06-21-2010 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD