How do you download apps from other countries

francolasalsa#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Sorry if this isn't in the right section but jailbreakers are smarter than average iphone owners so I thought I would look here for help. I'm in Canada and would like to download some apps only availble in other countries (CNN,NHL OPEN ICE) . my 3Gs is not jailbroken due to me being on 3.1.3 , Any way I can do this ?
Thanks

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
jailbreakers are smarter than average iphone owners so I thought I would look here for help

You're kidding me...

Anyway, if you want to get an app that's only available in the US, then you need a US iTunes account. I'm pretty sure the trick to doing this is to create a new account with a Mastercard gift card (or Visa?) which you will have to purchase ahead of time. There should be an option in the account creation process that lets you select that your billing address is not in Canada.

Anyway, this is not a jailbreaking question, so I'm moving this thread.

francolasalsa#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Lol smarter about iPhone related topics people not smarter in general !! I have heard about creating a US iTunes account but will I be able then to re sync it with my Canadian account without losing it ? I mean I have like 100 apps

Last edited:

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
Lol smarter about iPhone related topics people not smarter in general !! I have heard about creating a US iTunes account but will I be able then to re sync it with my Canadian account without losing it ? I mean I have like 100 apps

There is no problem with having more than one account. Just make sure both accounts are authorized and you should be good. The only hassle is when you need to update apps. The app that needs to be updated determines which account you need to be logged into.

francolasalsa#IM

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
There is no problem with having more than one account. Just make sure both accounts are authorized and you should be good. The only hassle is when you need to update apps. The app that needs to be updated determines which account you need to be logged into.

Hmmm so then the best thing for me to do is create an iTunes account on a pc , change my login credintals on my iPhone and download the app and then change back ( on my iPhone ) to my main account ... Does that sound right ? Also what would happen when I sync my iPhone to my pc in that case ?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
You can do it all on your PC. There won't be any problems. Trust me... I have 3 different iTunes accounts and I can be logged into any one of them when I do a sync. It's only for updates that you need to be logged into specific accounts.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods