Should I wait or should I Buy?

rc.lifestyle

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
With a new iphone rolling out this summer and rumors that it might make it's way to Verizon. Does this mean that a new iPod will be soon out, possible with a camera and mic and software upgrades? I am torn on slapping down the $300 bucks for the Gen 3 iPod if there is going to be a newer, better one soon. Also if the iPhone makes it way to Verizon.

Need sugestions and opinions... I am rookie to the apple world and I am getting read to make the plunge.

Or maybe wait for the iPad 2.0?

HELP!!!!

Thanks,
Rich

BriDroid

Mar 22, 2010
www.nakedipad.com
It sounds like you are entertaining several options... new iPhone, new iPod Touch, or new iPad? Any way you decide to go, keep in mind that you can always upgrade down the road and fetch a fairly good price on eBay if your gadget is in good condition. The iPhone is going to be the real stickler -- if you buy new, you're looking at a 2-year contract. If you want something to tide you over, you might consider buying a used iPhone and signing up on AT&T month-to-month so that you have your options wide open in the summer (when the new iPhone is expected).

We know quite a bit about the new iPad but we know virtually nothing about other new Apple products -- I can't tell you much at all about what to expect for a new iPod Touch -- but one thing is for certain - whatever you buy now, there will likely be something new and shiny in a year's time, so if you are waiting for the latest and greatest, you could find yourself always waiting! :) Just take the plunge and then save some $$ and sell your used gadget for the next new one down the road.

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
just like iBri said, take the plunge. I'm spending $500+ this weekend on a new iPad, know for sure I will have to pay for updates, and will want Gen2 in a year, which will probably have a camera, cheaper 3G, etc. Who cares, it's just $$. We don't have it, but Mr. Visa, says, go ahead and swipe!

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
If the iPhone was going to be on Verizon then the iPad would also be on Verizon, since it is not, then I do not see Verizon getting the iPhone

Question: Is the iPad 2G and 3G or just 3G

martin_l

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like you are entertaining several options... new iPhone, new iPod Touch, or new iPad? Any way you decide to go, keep in mind that you can always upgrade down the road and fetch a fairly good price on eBay if your gadget is in good condition. The iPhone is going to be the real stickler -- if you buy new, you're looking at a 2-year contract. If you want something to tide you over, you might consider buying a used iPhone and signing up on AT&T month-to-month so that you have your options wide open in the summer (when the new iPhone is expected).

We know quite a bit about the new iPad but we know virtually nothing about other new Apple products -- I can't tell you much at all about what to expect for a new iPod Touch -- but one thing is for certain - whatever you buy now, there will likely be something new and shiny in a year's time, so if you are waiting for the latest and greatest, you could find yourself always waiting! :) Just take the plunge and then save some $$ and sell your used gadget for the next new one down the road.

I am also agree with your post

ryanwmurray

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
iBri, what does buying a used iPhone entail? Does that mean that you can keep your current month to month plan with whatever provider you're with and just pay upfront for the phone?

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Go ahead and take the plunge...I recently had bought an iTouch 3Gen, and ended up liking the user experience so much that I found a used 3GS on Craigslist. Sold my Blackberry, and just about covered the 3GS purchase.

Now if I could sell the itouch, I'd be ahead, but my wife got her paws on it. Now I wonder if I'll be looking for another iPhone?

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Go ahead and buy it and sell it when the new version comes out. Just don't have it engraved just like what other people do; engrave "please call when found" and their contact number. Who wants a second hand ipod with somebody else's number.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods