I am (and have been) using Google sync for my Gmail, Contacts & Calendar since day 1 of my iPhone life. I've always been running 3.0+ too. I've been adding Google Voice phone numbers for many of my contacts and have noticed something different.

I no longer get the option to create a "Custom Label" for any phone number (existing or new). I have included a screen print of my options. This is really frustrating and I am confusing myself now on which phone number is what.

I have spoken with 2 other TiPb members who also use Gmail and they are not experiencing the same problem. I have even tried apps like Fast Contacts, ABC Contacts, etc. and the problem still exists.

Here is the link I was reading from Google, but it doesn't really solve my problem: iPhone 3.0 & Sync issues: Contacts missing some data when loaded onto the phone - Google Mobile Help

Anyone else experiencing this? Or does anyone know of a solution? Thanks in advance!

PS: Here are 2 images of label options. 1st is what I should be seeing. 2nd is what my iPhone gives me.

Last edited by jglowe74; 03-28-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    03-28-2010 11:12 AM
    Come on guys. 41 views and not one suggestion? I can't be the only member that has had this problem, right? Somebody throw me a bone here. :P
    03-28-2010 11:17 PM
    I don't know what to tell you. I think the only option would be to try a restore. There actually is a very good chance no one else has had this problem... I've never heard of this happening.

I see in your sig that you're jailbroken. This very well may be playing a part.
    03-28-2010 11:29 PM
    Funny I googled your question and your issue showed up, I would suggest trying that for your answer

"iphone no custom contact labels"
    03-29-2010 03:40 AM
    Funny I googled your question and your issue showed up, I would suggest trying that for your answer

"iphone no custom contact labels"
    Been there, done that. Didn't help. But you could have figured that out had you actually looked at the link I posted in my question. . That's why I turned to TiPb for further assistance. Not that I'm lazy. But thanks for your "help"
    03-29-2010 10:54 AM
    Could you re-attach the pictures? I don't see them.
    03-29-2010 11:02 AM
    Could you re-attach the pictures? I don't see them.
    That's odd. Sure, here ya go 9er:

Again, photo 1 is what I want, photo 2 is what I have.
    03-29-2010 11:23 AM
    yeah ive been trying to do this too. Want to add the "Other" field.
    06-26-2010 08:14 PM
    Google active sync limitations are listed here...Known Limitations : Google Sync (ActiveSync) - Google Mobile Help
    as always with almost all google free apps, active sync is still on beta
    06-27-2010 12:07 AM
    Same problem. Just switched to Office 2013 and do NOT use Icloud to synch. Skynch through Outlook, whatever that is called.
    01-11-2014 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD