Who's getting the new iPhone (2010 Model)??

Are you upgrading to the new iPhone

• Total voters

RonHC

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh, June is almost here and there's not doubt that the new iPhone should come out at the annual time

Even if the rumors haven't been reported yet
the quote "Next iPhone will have an A+ upgrade" made me twinkle :p

What do you think?

Me: I hope it doesnt turn out to be a disappointment like the iPhone 3GS, not a lot of "WOW" upgrades that any jailbreak can do

iamfudge

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, since my $500 is going next weekend (to my iPad), I may have to pass on this upgrade. Depends on the new features. I love my 3GS, so I am not sure what all the A+ upgrades will be... I didn't think I would go to the 3GS, but had a buyer for my 3G, so I actually made $50 by upgrading.

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
From my experience, it's better to wait a little bit before upgrading.

A) Costs are stupidly high when something is just released - a few months in and it drops
B) Generally the first release is rushed - firmware updates come later that fix a lot of the issues
C) Accessories form WHEN the phone is released and will increase drastically a few months after it's release
D) You can actually read reviews, listen out for amounts / types of problems experienced and so on if you wait
E) I HATE waiting lists. I read things on people having to wait for 4-5 weeks to get an iPhone 3gs when it first came out, and honestly, I don't care to be on the edge of my seat for that long lol.

If you need the next best thing then, well, have at it, but for me I'll wait to see if it actually delivers.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i won't get too excited until it's official and even then i'm gonna need geohots stamp of hackproval (is that even a word?)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
If it wasn't a word before, it sure is now!

I didn't think I'd get the 3GS when it came out, since I'd only just gotten a 3G 2 months earlier (and wasn't even eligible for an upgrade). But depending on what's different with the new one...I'm definitely considering it. And if there are no substantial hardware upgrades, I'll use my AT&T upgrade to get an N1...like everyone else. ;)

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I am regardless of the "leap" it makes. We are adding a third line for my daughter in July for her birthday...we will be using that add-on to get the new iphone, passing my iphone 3gs to my wife and her samsung texter to our daughter...perfect plan!

rekamds

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely... but assuming it does get a launch in June and appears over here in the UK in August(ish), I'll leave it for two or three months for bugs to be ironed out and (assuming a new form factor) new accessories to be available. I'll then just buy one outright and give my 3GS to the wife as her crappy old Sony Ericsson T630 is, well,... a T630.

ChrisLuce#IM

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
I will have to wait and see what has changed before I run out and spend the money. I am still using a 8GB 3G model. The main upgrade I would like to see is a BETTER speaker phone!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Depends on the hardware. A better camera with flash might convince me to switch to the new model. Other than that, they might use the iPad A4 processor, increase the memory, increase to 32 and 64 gigs and that's probably about it. I think the next update is going to focus on software.

Last edited:

rekamds

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
Depends on the hardware. A better camera with flash might convince me to switch to the new model.

That's a given. The company who is supplying it has already let the cat out of the bag - 5MP with flash.

Other likelies are:

32Gb and 64Gb options
Faster chip
Higher res screen

and hopefully..
Multitasking
Scrollable rear casing
Thinner profile

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I'm on a family plan with my friend and I did the math so yes we are getting new ones. The difference in getting an 2 iPhones with 1 extra year of Apple Care compared to just buying a new ones / selling old ones the next year is only like $65 more per phone. Yes this all changes if the value of a 1-year old 32GB 3GS out of contract goes down, but I think getting at least $200 a phone is reasonable. I'm also assuming that you would only get $100 a phone for a 2-year old version.

2 New phones every year:
New Phone 1: $299 (first phone eligible after 12 months)
New Phone 2: $499 (second phone only that "halfway" eligible for upgrade)
$798 - $400 (sell 2 1-year old) = $398 / year

2 New phones every 2 years, with extended Apple Care:
New Phone 1: $299
New Phone 2: $299
$598 + $138 (apple care) - $200 (sell 2 2-year old) = $536 / 2 = $268 / year

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I own a 3G....skipped the 3Gs. Like others have said, it depends on the hardware and, also, if there are enough features that make me want to upgrade. But even if I do upgrade, it won't before a jailbreak is released for it.

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
I hope to get it but if it doesn't impress then I'll be switching to Android. The new HTC Evo looks quite sexy.

dragonsgoalie

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
Is there any hard evidence of a 2010 version? I was about to buy a 3Gs, but if there is a Newer better one coming in June, I'll wait then.

Any links or articles??

RonHC

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there any hard evidence of a 2010 version? I was about to buy a 3Gs, but if there is a Newer better one coming in June, I'll wait then.

Any links or articles??

Steve saids the next iPhone will be an "A+ Upgrade", you basically look up "iPhone 4" in here [TiPb] and you wil find 3 pages of articles about the next iphone

and its obvious that they always do this every June-July
iPhone - June 2007
iPhone 3G - July 2008
iPhone 3GS - July 2009

and this years model so....

stulaw11

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
Its hard to say whos getting it without knowing the specs of the phone or what new OS will be on it. Almost impossible to say so early. It may be unimpressive incremental upgrades or a whole new phone which will sway decisions once we know more

Caballera

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Without knowing the spec's and without knowing the changes to the OS that they are making it's hard to say if I'll get a new one. If it's as impressive as say the HTC Evo 4G then heck yeah. I purchased the GS model when it first came out, had no problems getting it on release day. However some people at work just got the Nexus One and I have to say that is an impressive phone and the Android OS is so much more customizable and works so well out of the box with Google services. While they do not have as many apps as the iPhone yet, they do have a free SDK and the barrier of entry into developing Android apps is a lot lower. Probably the only drawback of the Nexus One is that the touchscreen isn't as responsive, but it's pretty damn close. I also wouldn't mind a Samsung Galaxy S, as that looks really nice. Although no carrier information has been released that I have seen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox