• Hell Yea i am

67 56.78%
  • Naw, i'm gonna stick with my current iPhone

18 15.25%
  • haven't decided yet

33 27.97%
    i got work, can't get it when stores opens...might have it by eBay instead
    03-29-2010 08:22 PM
    haven't decided yet considering i am not a fan of the current iphone 3gs (really AT&T)
    03-29-2010 10:27 PM
    haven't decided yet considering i am not a fan of the current iphone 3gs (really AT&T)
    03-29-2010 10:54 PM
    What a contradiction!
    Honey I never contradict myself
    but the next 4g better have a damn multitasking
    uh
    03-29-2010 10:57 PM
    I'll definitely be getting it. I don't need to know what the upgrade really entails... I'm getting it!
    Exactly... Went to a remote location for the original (no lines), I camped for the 3G after leaving the club and pre-ordered for the 3Gs. I don't care what the upgrade is, I will be there for it.

In fact, they could add a led indicator and call it a day and I'll be there.
    03-29-2010 10:57 PM
    i didnt make the upgrade to the 3GS so this one has been long awaited... i think the only reason i made it this long is b/c i ended up getting a new new 3G right before the 3GS came out b/c i had the issues with the white plastic cracking.... so it was a free iphone right before the new one came out.... but IM really excited for this update... and the new macbook pro
    03-29-2010 11:55 PM
    After only having an iPhone for 3 years, I recently switched to the N1 and I am digging some of the features of the N1. However the screen is just not as crisp as the the iPhone, it just doesn't quite get it right like the iPhone. I really dig the open source. I have installed many apps that apple would not allow and you can really customize the UI to your liking.

That said if the iphone comes out with multitasking a new UI much better screen, faster processor, yada yada, I will be getting it.
    After 3 years no one has been able to blow away the iphone, but if the new version is not leaps and bounds ahad of the competition, they will fall behind again in the year following the next release

EZ
    03-30-2010 01:05 AM
    After only having an iPhone for 3 years, I recently switched to the N1 and I am digging some of the features of the N1. However the screen is just not as crisp as the the iPhone, it just doesn't quite get it right like the iPhone. I really dig the open source. I have installed many apps that apple would not allow and you can really customize the UI to your liking.

That said if the iphone comes out with multitasking a new UI much better screen, faster processor, yada yada, I will be getting it.
    After 3 years no one has been able to blow away the iphone, but if the new version is not leaps and bounds ahad of the competition, they will fall behind again in the year following the next release

EZ
    I knew I recognized you from somewhere... haha. Yeah, N1 is good, but I'm definitely returning it (maybe getting the EVO), and getting my a 4th gen iPhone.
    03-30-2010 02:35 AM
    This is like asking is the earth round
    03-30-2010 03:35 AM
    Almost certainly assuming it's a B or better upgrade. Will most likely pre-order for delivery on release day. I did that for the 3GS and worked out great. I'm hoping for a better screen and 64 GB of storage!
    03-30-2010 07:13 AM
    I will be having me some 4th gen phone!
    03-30-2010 08:33 AM
    ill get the 4th gen when i can switch to verizon...bye bye at&t! :P
    03-30-2010 12:14 PM
    Im getting it for the mere fact that i left at&t for an android phone and it didnt wow me like the iphone did...... i dont care what they add or dont add im picking up the iphone on iDay
    03-30-2010 02:16 PM
    I have no iPhone, and have been saving for half an year now for an iPhone. I will continue saving. However, I do see that HTC and others are bringing VERY nice gadgets out.

I'm getting it. If I dislike it, I'll sell it and use the money to buy another phone, like one from HTC. If I did it the other way round (first buy the HTC, then sell it and buy the iPhone in case of disappointment), I'd risk myself losing quite a bit of money, since all the other phones lose their value pretty quickly. Because the iPhone is only sent out once per year, if I want to sell it, I'll get a lot more % of money back.
    03-30-2010 03:33 PM
    I'll be picking it up as well. My 3G has served me like a warrior and I really have no major complaints with AT&T short of the fact that they, like others still charge for text messaging while in the same breath telling me I have to buy unlimited data. Either way, when I bought the 3G, it more than exceeded my expectation in many categories. I'm stoked for a new, faster one and can't wait.
    03-30-2010 10:18 PM
    Now that we're seeing a better picture of what the new iPhone will have....count me in!
    03-30-2010 10:33 PM
    i didnt make the upgrade to the 3GS so this one has been long awaited... i think the only reason i made it this long is b/c i ended up getting a new new 3G right before the 3GS came out b/c i had the issues with the white plastic cracking.... so it was a free iphone right before the new one came out.... but IM really excited for this update... and the new macbook pro
    Hey, was just reading through this thread. My white case also has a very fine crack that goes from the vibrate mode switch to the metal screen bezel. Am I entitled to a new iphone for free too?
    Oh and I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the new iPhone if it has a higher-res screen.
    03-31-2010 04:06 PM
    Hey, was just reading through this thread. My white case also has a very fine crack that goes from the vibrate mode switch to the metal screen bezel. Am I entitled to a new iphone for free too?
    Bring it in to an Apple Store and give it a try. They replaced my 3G for this reason just before the 3GS came out. The fine cracking never bothered me, but I thought I might as well get a new 3G to give my wife when I got the 3GS for myself.
    03-31-2010 04:09 PM
    Bring it in to an Apple Store and give it a try. They replaced my 3G for this reason just before the 3GS came out. The fine cracking never bothered me, but I thought I might as well get a new 3G to give my wife when I got the 3GS for myself.
    Ok cool thanks I'll give it a try. Will getting a new phone restart my upgrade eligibility?
    03-31-2010 04:12 PM
    I'll be getting it. My contract isn't due until Nov. 2010 so I'll at least pay lip service to waiting until then, but I'll likely pony up the dough for the new one on the day of launch.
    03-31-2010 04:30 PM
    Will getting a new phone restart my upgrade eligibility?
    Shouldn't. Back up your phone before you go and keep your SIM when they swap. Then back at home should be simple to activate the phone with iTunes and restore from your back up. Of course if you're a jailbreaker you wouldn't want to do this as you'll likely end up with the newest firmware and latest Boot ROM. But if you're not a jailbreaker then have at!
    03-31-2010 04:48 PM
    Shouldn't. Back up your phone before you go and keep your SIM when they swap. Then back at home should be simple to activate the phone with iTunes and restore from your back up. Of course if you're a jailbreaker you wouldn't want to do this as you'll likely end up with the newest firmware and latest Boot ROM. But if you're not a jailbreaker then have at!
    Cool, i'm not a jailbreaker, so I'll definitely do that. Thanks!
    03-31-2010 05:30 PM
    That will be the toughest part of switching. Losing the jailbreaking will suck. I might wait a few weeks but likely will be sucked in and get it. I spent 6 months away from the iPhone with the Hero and Touch Pro 2, don't think I can leave again. Like mentioned above, Android is nice and the customization is cool but its doesn't quite work as smoothly and easily as the iPhone.
    03-31-2010 11:17 PM
    Ok cool thanks I'll give it a try. Will getting a new phone restart my upgrade eligibility?
    Of course it will - unless you're planning on paying the full, unsubsidized price for it.
    04-01-2010 06:52 AM
    Of course it will - unless you're planning on paying the full, unsubsidized price for it.
    No, he's talking about getting a free replacement under warranty for his cracked iPhone. This will not reset a contract.
    04-01-2010 06:57 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD