iPhones Abroad

dani617

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi all!

I am moving to Spain this summer, and I will be there for a year. I currently have an iPhone 3G, and I don't want to have to buy another phone in Spain. I know that it's possible to unlock iPhones for overseas use, but how does that work?? Would/Can I use a prepaid SIM card after unlocking it? Would it maintain all of it's functionality?

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but thanks in advance for your help!!

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Right now it depends on if you upgraded to 3.1.3 yet or not. If you are on 3.1.2 you should be able to jailbreak and unlock ( jalbreaking is required to unlock ) using a combination of blackra1n ( to jailbreak ) and blacksn0w ( to unlock ).

Check out the jailbreak & unlock forum.

dani617

Jul 12, 2009
Visit site
Right now it depends on if you upgraded to 3.1.3 yet or not. If you are on 3.1.2 you should be able to jailbreak and unlock ( jalbreaking is required to unlock ) using a combination of blackra1n ( to jailbreak ) and blacksn0w ( to unlock ).

Check out the jailbreak & unlock forum.

Thanks. I think I have 3.1.3. Is that bad?

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
If your on 3.1.3 then you can't jailbrake it, you can't unlock it and you can't use a pre paid sim from Spain.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
The famous iPhone hacker "Geohot" claims to have a new jailbreak but he is not releasing it yet. I suspect it will be released in time for your trip. Don't panic.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner