Run out of App Pages

sandman369

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
What do you do when you've maxed out your application pages on the iPhone? Have 11 pages of apps. Loaded another app which I can only get to on the search page. Also, how does one delete these "hidden" apps?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
What do you do when you've maxed out your application pages on the iPhone? Have 11 pages of apps. Loaded another app which I can only get to on the search page. Also, how does one delete these "hidden" apps?
This is a problem in Economics, the allocation of finite resources. It was only a matter of time until some user hit this limit. Some have complained that Apple should provide an unlimited number of pages but that is akin to saying that they should provide an unlimited amount of storage. Apple have made one allocation, we must make another. We must decide which applications are so valuable that we are prepared to allocate some part of a finite resource to them.

Perhaps eleven pages is nature's way of telling one that one has more apps than one ever uses or even can remember to use when one needs them. One might never find a rarely used app in more than eleven pages.

I suggest that one might purge about a page's worth of free apps that one seldom uses. Then, if one needs one of them, simply download it again.

After there is space on a page to put a "hidden" app, I suspect that it will just show up in that space. One need only delete one rarely used app to test this theory. Otherwise, one might try placing it with iTunes.

But no one pays any attention to me; I am an Apple apologist and AT&T antagonist.

Last edited:

gurustevie

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you jailbroken? If so, you could try the Categories app found in Cydia so you could then free up some space by say sticking your games in a folder.

GregoriusM

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
One can download more than 11 pages of apps to the iPhone/touch. Just click them off in iTunes.

The extra apps that don't fit on the 11 pages can be used by accessing them on the Search page, providing you remember the name.

Not the most elegant way, but it works, in my experience, unless the very latest update has squashed this method.

I haven't tried to delete enough apps to get to only 11 pages and then try to add more than the 11 pages of apps with the newest software.

But it worked when I first did it and my touch works just fine. I put the apps that I rarely use on the hidden pages, and remember the names.

Just a thought for those of you who really "need" that many apps on your iPhone/touch.