Still on the fence about iPhone Switch

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
I am very close to saying the hell with it and switching to the ubiquitous iPhone. I have done some research and found some posts that address an over-heating issue that some phones have. Is this something that I should take into consideration or for the most part do people not have problems?

I would like to know if anyone is experiencing any problems with overheating, battery issues, etc. on and 3G s phones. I really appreciate the feedback! :D

I just want to make sure and do my proper research...

gurustevie

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
No problems with overheating for me. My battery has never run out during the day, and I'm frequently using the phone for emails, twitter, facebook, games, etc...

Which phone have you got currently?

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
you found "some" posts, not millions right? because a handful out of millions of users isn't anything to worry about

battery lasts for well over a week. if not used. it goes when used, lots of email accounts, push, etc is added

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I am very close to saying the hell with it and switching to the ubiquitous iPhone. I have done some research and found some posts that address an over-heating issue that some phones have. Is this something that I should take into consideration or for the most part do people not have problems?

I would like to know if anyone is experiencing any problems with overheating, battery issues, etc. on and 3G s phones. I really appreciate the feedback! :D

I just want to make sure and do my proper research...

No offense but if you want to do the proper research and get answers fast, simply search in this forum. All of these questions have been discussed at detail.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Okay, I'll boil it down to one sentence:

The iPhone is THE single coolest piece of civilian technology that I've ever used.

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
No problems with overheating for me. My battery has never run out during the day, and I'm frequently using the phone for emails, twitter, facebook, games, etc...

Which phone have you got currently?

I currently use a BlackBerry Curve but have been debating whether to switch, I really like BlackBerry Messenger but other than that I could take it or leave it

RKMichael

Mar 18, 2010
ipodrepairblog.com
No offense but if you want to do the proper research and get answers fast, simply search in this forum. All of these questions have been discussed at detail.

OK thanks for the advice...I just wanted to get some quick feedback, I am new to the site but have already used it to find a great deal of information.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
OK thanks for the advice...I just wanted to get some quick feedback, I am new to the site but have already used it to find a great deal of information.

Most of the time you'll get answers faster just by finding existing threads. Less wait time for you then.

gurustevie

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I currently use a BlackBerry Curve but have been debating whether to switch, I really like BlackBerry Messenger but other than that I could take it or leave it

Having already had an Android phone, my choice was between a Blackberry and the iPhone. Having tried both, I'm in no doubt the iPhone is the best choice by a mile :cool:

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Most of the time you'll get answers faster just by finding existing threads. Less wait time for you then.

my favorite is to post the google search term using the keywords they wrote in their post where all of the top 10 results have relevant answers to their question

but in this case, they did start with a search.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
i've had no overheating issues with mine. i did with my 3G while using att navigator, but not since. as far as battery, no lies, it sucks. i dont care what anyone says, it sucks. the only way your battery will last a long time is to turn everything off the phone that makes it worthwhile. the solution of course is just to make sure that you charge it at least once during the day and you should be good to go. i've used mine moderatly today, 3hours 18 minutes of usage, and 9 hours 50 minutes of standby. my battery is at 52%. thats not terrible. but when you first get it the battery will suck. you'll be downloading apps, playing with them, and its gonna drain! all in all though, the iphone is a great device and i highly reccomend it!

iOS Concept

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes my 3GS a little bit 'warm' but it is not a problem for me. The battery though has an issue. Seldom the 3GS can last a day without charging. However, I have accepted it as normal and decided to kept a charger each at home and in the office and a spare in my backpack. Problem solved!

ellenm1206

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Go for it. I changed in October 2009 and do not regret my decision one bit. I love my 3GS iPhone. The battery most of the time lasts me the day and I charge it at night. If i am out and going to be using the phone a lot for web browsing and phone calls I put my Mophie Juice Pack Air on and I'm all set for the day. My phone gets warm at times when I have been on the phone for a while but not hot.

raveniphone

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
I switched back in early November 09 from the BB Storm (more like a drizzle) and Verizon to the iPhone. One of the best decisions I have ever made. It is hands down the best phone I have ever owned and used. No problems at all with over heating. I wish the battery was a little better, but I had battery issues with my Storm, and the Rzar previous to that. When a phone is this much fun to use, you are going to drain the battery... so switch and enjoy!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73