To Jailbreak or not

Mrv12#IM

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Im just wondering everyones thoughts on wether i should jail break my iphone or not... I have purchased many apps already but at the same time have a fear of jailbreaking it...

Any opinions on this?:)

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Bingo - honestly why not jailbreak? I would but I received a 3gs with 3.1.3 on it.. There's no downside to jailbreaking because if you f*** it up then you just restore it and you're good to go!

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Bingo - honestly why not jailbreak? I would but I received a 3gs with 3.1.3 on it.. There's no downside to jailbreaking because if you f*** it up then you just restore it and you're good to go!

everyone says this, and then there's the threads here about people who couldn't get their phone to enter DFU mode because of a jailbreak gone bad

John T

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
In my opinion, the major problem with Jailbreaking is the person doing it!

In any form of modifying or tweaking, it is essential to know exactly what you are doing. Then, if anything goes wrong, you know how to rectify the situation.

How often do we read threads bleating that "xxx doesn't work any more", "I can't unlock my iPhone", "iTunes doesn't recognise my iPhone any more" etc etc etc. The funny thing is that somewhere in the majority of these threads is the statement - "My iPhone is Jailbroken".

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
That's correct. While there is a chance that you can mess up a jailbreak, the risk is minimal. If you have firmware version 3.1.2, the blackra1n is the simplest and fastest jailbreak that I have ever seen, and I've experienced about 5 by now. ;)

The only thing you have to watch out for is the fact that neither Apple nor AT&T will help you regarding any warranty issues, help with the device, exchanges, returns, etc. However, as everyone else has said, it is very easy (too easy for some, right "accidental" 3.1.3 upgraders? lol j/k) to "UN-jailbreak" your iPhone, should you need to deal with Apple or AT&T.

You're also not losing any capabilities. You're only gaining new ones! I would say Do it, but you may have a different prerogative than most of us here do. Please let us know what you have in terms of firmware and baseband. From the Home screen, tap Settings, then General, and finally About. Take note of "Version" and "Modem Firmware" and post that information here. ;)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2