Your #1 Most Wanted Next Generation iPhone Hardware Feature

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I don't get all the clamoring for 1GHz.

Apple builds their phones for performance, and we know the performance will increase this year based on the competition. But a figure like "1GHz" really doesn't mean much when you're talking about an iPhone. Apple builds the new phone with the software and makes it perfect and an industry leader, they wouldn't release a phone that doesn't have on-par performance with the market, and Apple is a company that does not make phones for a spec sheet.

You might see HTC, Samsung, or LG making phones with crazy specs that would be unneeded with proper hardware optimization, but that's because they want the purchases from "spec sheet buyers".

SOV

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't get all the clamoring for 1GHz.

Apple builds their phones for performance, and we know the performance will increase this year based on the competition. But a figure like "1GHz" really doesn't mean much when you're talking about an iPhone. Apple builds the new phone with the software and makes it perfect and an industry leader, they wouldn't release a phone that doesn't have on-par performance with the market, and Apple is a company that does not make phones for a spec sheet.

You might see HTC, Samsung, or LG making phones with crazy specs that would be unneeded with proper hardware optimization, but that's because they want the purchases from "spec sheet buyers".

The previous processor in the 3Gs actually ran faster, but because of battery they underclocked it. I'm just saying i want a faster processor and a battery to support it.

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
After reading anything I can find on TiPB re iPhone 4.0 and projections on new hardware features, I think the one new hardware feature I would actually use would be a decent camera with flash. My 3G is just about perfect for my phone and music playing requirements.

Cheers,
Steve

killthelights32

Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
the notification light would be cool. they should do something similar to what they already have on the macbooks with the sleep indicator light. If they could some how implement that into the earpiece part of the phone that would be awesome.

+1 for notification in the earpiece. It actually seems like something Apple would do. After watching the MacBook pro video on how much work went into the notification light, it sounds like putting the notification there so that it isn't visible when it doesn't have anything to notify us for.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2