Moving Palm Calender data to iPhone

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

Shortly I will be acquiring an iPod Touch (yes, there's a separate forum for that, but I think this is generic enough to be here). I've searched this forum on this topic, and found nothing yet: is there a way to import calender data out of a Palm OS device into the iPhone? I am using an old Palm Tungsten T3.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Believe it or not, I'm still using my original Palm desktop, now synchronized to Google with my iPhone. You can do it with Companion Link. You can probably use the trial to do your sync, and then never worry about it again.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
You could also just make the switch to Google. Export to CSV and then import to Google Calendar. With Goggle Sync, you will have your calendar pushed to your iPhone.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
ArGiEs, also if you are using a PC and Outlook just move all of your data (calender, contacts) from Palm Desktop into Outlook. Then just sync the iTouch with Outlook when you set it up. Sycning with Outlook is one of the choices that the iTouch will give you when you do you first sync.

Many of us like Ali and myself are using the cloud (Google, MoMe) to sync, but you do not have too.

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Good replies, all! Next: how does the data "fare" in transfer? Does it land in an orderly fashion, or does it need tweaking in any way?

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you have and where you're moving it to....

Well, again, it's my Palm Tungsten T3 calendar data to be moved into an iPod Touch native calendar app. I guess that sncing via Google into iPhone would probably take care of all that. The Companion Link idea sounds like a good solution for me.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Syncing Google with your iPhone is a great solution down the road anyway. Keeps everything in sync without lifting a finger.

ArGiEs

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually, FWIW, I won't be syncing with Google (even if I do initially to port the calenar dataover). I have never needed to keep a calendar on my desktop; and, as with my T3 so will it be with the Touch - simply a self-contained calendar. The only rrason I would ever need to use a "cloud" would be for redundant backup purposes...which, BTW, is possible to back up iPod Touch data to Mobile Me?

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
...which, BTW, is possible to back up iPod Touch data to Mobile Me?

Absolutely!! MoMe is what I use. r0k uses it also I believe with his iTouch. Now it only backs up Calender/Contacts. MoMe does not back up Apps. That is what iTunes is for.;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2