As it says on the tin...

I'm due a free upgrade from O2... do I upgrade now or wait to see what Apple bring out later in the year.

Does anyone have any firm timescales for the new release?
    03-02-2010 04:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm not fussed either way about jailbreaking.... I have jailbroken my 3G but if I got a 3GS or a 4G then it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to wait a while to Jailbreak.
    03-02-2010 05:33 AM
    Wait till the next gen iPad!
    03-02-2010 07:27 AM
    Only apple has firm timetables on what comes out when

you can wait but it may be a while. And I expect it will be very unlikely it will be jailbreakable
    03-02-2010 07:48 AM
    I am on a 3g, and am waiting... personally I don't really see anything that the 3gs can do that I really NEED.
    03-02-2010 02:26 PM
    Wait for the 4th gen iPhone. WWDC is soon, at least I think it is normally in March. Then new iPhone early summer time frame. It's science. I have a 3G and 3GS isn't worth using my upgrade on, I'm up for one with AT&T. Waiting since my 3G still works fine.
    03-02-2010 02:28 PM
    Wait for the 4th gen iPhone. WWDC is soon, at least I think it is normally in March. Then new iPhone early summer time frame. It's science. I have a 3G and 3GS isn't worth using my upgrade on, I'm up for one with AT&T. Waiting since my 3G still works fine.
    word. sound advice.
    03-02-2010 02:31 PM
    If you don't NEED something right now I agree it doesn't hurt to wait.
    03-02-2010 03:18 PM
    After using my 3Gs for so long I get really frustrated when I use my daughter's 3G - it feels so s l o w. However, if I were in your position I'd be inclined to wait.

I've got five phones on my family plan and four of them are iPhones. Yes, we have a rather expensive monthly bill. The one consolation is that the main account holder (me) is eligible for an upgrade every 12 months . . .

I'll probably get the next gen phone as soon as I'm eligible (July '10) whether I really want it or not. It will certainly be worth more on the street than the upgrade fee.

If I do decide to keep the new phone, I'm hoping that my current 3Gs will sell for at least the upgrade fee.
    Last edited by kgvickers; 03-02-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    03-02-2010 04:41 PM
    Just want to add that - I agree, I would wait and the 3GS is much faster than the 3G - when i mess around with my friends 3G, it drives me nuts.. s l o w...
    03-02-2010 04:52 PM
    As it says on the tin...

I'm due a free upgrade from O2... do I upgrade now or wait to see what Apple bring out later in the year.

Does anyone have any firm timescales for the new release?
    I was in exactly the same position as you and went for the 3GS a couple of weeks ago..although on PAYG and not contract.

I think things are too much up in the air at the moment..and the ill-informed rumour mill doesn't help. Some people are saying it will be O2 only but personally I doubt that. I'm assuming it will be released in the UK around August time and am hoping it goes to PAYG pretty quickly - hopefully by December.
    03-08-2010 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD