Upgrade to 3GS or wait for 4G?

macdaddy2x

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
As it says on the tin...

I'm due a free upgrade from O2... do I upgrade now or wait to see what Apple bring out later in the year.

Does anyone have any firm timescales for the new release?

macdaddy2x

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not fussed either way about jailbreaking.... I have jailbroken my 3G but if I got a 3GS or a 4G then it wouldn't be the end of the world if I had to wait a while to Jailbreak.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Only apple has firm timetables on what comes out when

you can wait but it may be a while. And I expect it will be very unlikely it will be jailbreakable

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Wait for the 4th gen iPhone. WWDC is soon, at least I think it is normally in March. Then new iPhone early summer time frame. It's science. I have a 3G and 3GS isn't worth using my upgrade on, I'm up for one with AT&T. Waiting since my 3G still works fine.

Cerberus

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Wait for the 4th gen iPhone. WWDC is soon, at least I think it is normally in March. Then new iPhone early summer time frame. It's science. I have a 3G and 3GS isn't worth using my upgrade on, I'm up for one with AT&T. Waiting since my 3G still works fine.

word. sound advice.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site

If you don't NEED something right now I agree it doesn't hurt to wait.

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
After using my 3Gs for so long I get really frustrated when I use my daughter's 3G - it feels so s l o w. However, if I were in your position I'd be inclined to wait.

I've got five phones on my family plan and four of them are iPhones. Yes, we have a rather expensive monthly bill. The one consolation is that the main account holder (me) is eligible for an upgrade every 12 months . . .

I'll probably get the next gen phone as soon as I'm eligible (July '10) whether I really want it or not. It will certainly be worth more on the street than the upgrade fee.

If I do decide to keep the new phone, I'm hoping that my current 3Gs will sell for at least the upgrade fee.

Last edited:

diggator

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
Just want to add that - I agree, I would wait and the 3GS is much faster than the 3G - when i mess around with my friends 3G, it drives me nuts.. s l o w...

rekamds

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
As it says on the tin...

I'm due a free upgrade from O2... do I upgrade now or wait to see what Apple bring out later in the year.

Does anyone have any firm timescales for the new release?

I was in exactly the same position as you and went for the 3GS a couple of weeks ago..although on PAYG and not contract.

I think things are too much up in the air at the moment..and the ill-informed rumour mill doesn't help. Some people are saying it will be O2 only but personally I doubt that. I'm assuming it will be released in the UK around August time and am hoping it goes to PAYG pretty quickly - hopefully by December.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll