is something wrong with my iphone battery?

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up two refurbished iphones this weekend. I cant believe I waited this long.

My wife has the 16gb 3GS, I got the 32gb 3GS

The battery life on my sucks. I charged it over night. It was 100% charged. I made about 4 phone calls, barely surfed the web ( I was in a car driving for 3 hrs). By noon, the phone battery was down to 71%. I plugged it into the car charger and it charged for about 30 mins. When I stopped the car, it was at 89%. 2 more short phone calls, a gps search and by dinner, it was down to 66%

I talked to my wife, with her 16gb. She unplugger hers from the charger at 7am. didnt use it much today, and at 10pm, her batter was still at 91%

Should the 32GB be using more power then a 16GB?
On the Blackberry, the battery could run low if other programs were running, but I didnt think the iphone did that.

Any thoughts? Should I bring it back to Apple, or is this normal?

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I would also let it drain down until it shuts off and charge it off of a PC to recalibrate the meter. (The only reason I prefer a PC is because it is a slower charge than the normal power adapters, and I seem to have better luck with the slower charge for some reason.)

Cerberus

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Also, check your settings... you could have the brightness all the way up, with push on, and all of the other bells an whistles... that could eat your battery faster then your wifes....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73