Brand new to iPhone today. Need help to determine how can I delete emails on my Verizon server from my Iphone mail.
    Many thanks.
    02-28-2010 06:42 PM
    Verizon server for what?
    02-28-2010 10:26 PM
    Verizon is my internet provider and email system. The Verizon server holds all of my emails unless I delete them. My desk top email program, Eudora will delete the emails in the server when I delete the Eudora software version of the email. I would like to have the iPhone delete the server emails also when I delete them in the iPhone mail.

This would probably be something only a Verizon email user would know about.
    02-28-2010 10:35 PM
    is your email setup as imap?
    03-01-2010 09:30 AM
    I really have no idea. This is all pretty new to me. I am pushing 80 and probably need training wheels for new technology. How do I tell if I have imap? and what is it?
    Many thanks for any help you can provide.
    03-01-2010 11:02 AM
    I really have no idea. This is all pretty new to me. I am pushing 80 and probably need training wheels for new technology. How do I tell if I have imap? and what is it?
    Many thanks for any help you can provide.
    verizon may have provided different servers to connect to in order to get your email. one would be labeled as pop3, the other as imap.

did they provide both?
    03-02-2010 11:09 AM
    Verizon email servers are only pop3.
    03-03-2010 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD