How Do You Organize Your Apps?

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I am curious to know how you organize your apps. I have 5 pages. 1st page is the home screen with pretty much all the built in apps minus a couple, then Shazam and Sportacular are on the bottom. Then the next two pages are Apps. They are organized into categories (sports, media, productivity, space, etc). My next page is Plus+ Network games, and my 5th and final page is other games.

Also my doc consists of (from left to right) Messages, Safari, Phone, iPod.

So how do you organize your apps?

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I am pretty much the same way, I have the Phone, SMS, App Store, iPod in the dock, then I keep all the apps that I use the most on the first page. I have a dedicated page for games and then I keep my 6th page for apps that I try and get rid of alot.

iSkythe

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I have absolutely no order, they just go in whatever order I downloaded them. Though I use spotlight most of the time to launch them anyway.

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Page 1: Native apps that I use and frequently used downloaded ones
Page 2: Social networking apps, dictation and MMS
Page 3: App Store, Cydia and Rock
Page 4: Unused apps

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
My wife and I use Catagories. Five Column, Five dock.She has 75 different APP's. (APP's Junkie) LOL

Cerberus

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I like to keep the home page at the factory setting... as is... every other app gets put into a following page that is organized to type, ie. photography, and games.

petaf

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Home page pretty much the way I found it w/the addition of iVideoCamera and AT&T Navigator.
2nd page: news and weather apps.
3rd page: big ol' mix of stuff
4th page: Technology sites
5th page: Travel apps

gdasilva

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
i have no additional order yet, since i just got the phone and did go a little app crazy. already have 3 pages of downloaded apps. :D

Speedv1

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have my first two pages of 'live' apps, then the somewhat useful apps, and then games. Oh then one final one for RARELY used or replaced by new app (like calendar is here because I use pocket informant)

webilosopher

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I try to group them loosely:

most often used on pages 1 and 2
social media and utilities page 3
image editing and related stuff p.4
audio, music and radio apps p.5
less used utilities pp.6-7
stuff I'm trying out pp.8-10...

iOS Concept

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I created my own winterboard theme:

1st Page: Phone, SMS & Mail
2nd Page: Springjumps icons
3rd Page: Media Apps
4th Page: Web Apps
5th Page: Office Apps
6th Page: Navigation Apps
7th Page: Games
8th Page: Tools & Miscellaneous Apps

gurustevie

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have my most used apps on my homescreen, also included in this is my 'Games' and 'System' folders created using Categories. Then on the remaining screens, everything's in alphabetical order so I can find something easily.

Am thinking about rearranging using a Winterboard theme, but I've been quite happy with the original layout so far so haven't changed so far.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
As for me, I dont put a lot of effort in to sorting my apps. I know where everything goes. And I prefer not having to sort through a ton of pages of apps when I could have everything on just a few pages. My dock is also stock at the moment because frankly, thats what I use the most :)

I have experiemented with one page for ever day use, one for work use, one for working out, etc. but then found i used some apps for more than one use.

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
if u wanna orginize it first hook up youir itouch to itunes and go to the app section and u can change how you want it and sync back

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro