I've uploaded lots of photos for the purpose of photo caller ID. I've been very frustrated with this automatic photo optimization "feature". In some cases, it blurs and oversizes a photo that I thought would fit nicely. There doesn't appear to be an option to disable this "feature".

Is there an ideal H x W photo dimension size, for caller ID, that will not get automatically optimized?

Thanks!
    02-23-2010 11:15 PM
    The resolution of the iPhone screen, 320x480.
    02-24-2010 12:41 AM
    I just want to know how to have a contacts picture show up like the commercials. Currently it takes up the entire background when they call and they have a picture assigned to them.
    02-24-2010 10:12 AM
    I kind of like the "BIG SCREEN" Photo. It helps me decide if I want to accept the call or not... LOL
    02-24-2010 10:27 AM
    I just want to know how to have a contacts picture show up like the commercials. Currently it takes up the entire background when they call and they have a picture assigned to them.
    After you assign a picture to a contact, delete the picture from your phone.
    02-24-2010 11:40 AM
    For it to show up in the box next to their number add the photo with a contact manager; Outlook, Gmail, iMail (whatever it is).

If you add the photo to a contact on the iPhone it will show up as full screen.
    02-24-2010 11:59 AM
    The resolution of the iPhone screen, 320x480.
    Yes, I know the overall screen rez. However, I don't want the photo to take up the whole screen as there are other graphics that are on top of the photo when a call comes in. There seems to be a sweet spot, size-wise, when you're assigning a photo to a contact. Whatever those dimensions are, the photo will fit perfectly in between the top and lower borders.

I guess I will have to figure it out by trial and error. Still damn annoying that iTunes doesn't have a way to disable this optimization feature...
    02-24-2010 12:01 PM
    I really like the full screen photo when a call comes in...

I'm just saying
    02-24-2010 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD