I have a dvd with lots of ipa files but there isn't much description of what the files are. Some are games and utilities but there are all mixed up.

I need to know what they are without having to load every file to my iphone.

Is there a software that i can view/preview the ipa file?
    02-23-2010 03:00 PM
    Did you buy all these applications and just back them up onto DVD?
    02-23-2010 03:16 PM
    I got it from a guy that backed up all his.
    02-24-2010 06:42 AM
    Sounds like cracked apps.. And I am pretty sure that it's against the forum rules to discuss cracked apps..
    02-24-2010 07:08 AM
    I know it is ligit softare that he has since I installed a few.
    He even gave me his user name and password for itunes so i could check.
    02-24-2010 07:23 AM
    ? If cracked apps are not allowed to discuss then why is there such a topic below?

This was taken from the Sub-Forums : iPhone Central from the iphone blog forum

iPhone Jailbreak and Unlock (51 Viewing)
    Trying to Jailbreak? Wondering if it's safe? Considering unlocking? Hack away here. Also discuss Jailbreak Apps here
    02-24-2010 09:03 AM
    I know it is ligit softare that he has since I installed a few.
    He even gave me his user name and password for itunes so i could check.
    so you're using his itunes account and can charge apps to his credit card?

He's either stupid or you're lieing.
    02-24-2010 09:18 AM
    I'm only downloading what he already bought from itunes that is not on the dvd.

I have never tried to purchase any apps.
    I'll try that.
    02-24-2010 09:47 AM
    ? If cracked apps are not allowed to discuss then why is there such a topic below?

Trying to Jailbreak? Wondering if it's safe? Considering unlocking? Hack away here. Also discuss Jailbreak Apps here
    In this context hacking is talking about changing the iPhone so it is Jailbroken and/or unlocked. Just b/c someone jailbreaks their phone does not mean they run cracked or stolen applications.

Nobody here endorses pirating of applications. If you need to discuss that I'm sure you can find other places.
    02-24-2010 11:43 AM

Hacking refers to Jailbreaking/Unlocking.
    Jailbreak Apps refer to apps that can be purchased in Cydia or Rock.

As others have mentioned, this is not the same thing as pirating apps.

Honestly, I don't think pirated apps are being discussed but that the OP is sharing an account with his friend... which may be a separate moral issue in itself.

Attempting to add a mass of applications that were legitimately purchased by someone else is dangerously close to pirating since the OP will be using apps that he did not pay for. Because of this, I'm closing this thread.
    02-24-2010 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD