Hai Friends,
    How are u all. A month back I bought an iphone 3g 16 gb from my friend who has just used it for 10 hours. After I synced it with my laptop the applications he has downloaded was not working. Then suddenly the battery started draining so fast. From morning to afternoon within just 10 to 15 short calls the battery completely drained out. I was so upset. Then one of my friend suggested to format it completely. So I formatted it then the phone was locked. I was not able to switch it on just apple symbol was coming. I was panicked then I took it to a shop unlocked it. After that the battery worked fantastically. Lot of calls, lot of browsing, it went upto next day afternoon. I was happy. Then suddenly one of my another friend brought iphone 3gs 32 gb. It was just 2 hours used. Then I sold iphone 3g 16 gb and bought the 3gs 32gb. The battery is ok. It comes for one day. This time I didnot format. Anybody clarify me If I format it the battery power will last longer. Is there any correlation between the two. Will the phone again gets locked if I format it. In reviews all says 3gs battery works fantastically. Pls clarify me friends.
    Warm regards
    K.Prabakar
    02-22-2010 01:07 PM
    A software glitch can cause the battery issue, and formatting will fix it
    02-22-2010 01:17 PM
    The 3 G's battery are fantastic and don't get drained. There must be another issue associated with, could be software or network settings . One should take phone to vendors in order to get them fixed as newly bought devices are under warranty.
    02-22-2010 01:31 PM
    also if you are jailbreaking it, SSH could be draining your battery
    02-22-2010 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD