Some Iphone model detection issues!

tagbhoy67

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi am i new to the forum. I have come primarily for advice obviously can continue to share with you guys.

I have just come back to iphone from the BB.

I had a 3.1.2 jalbroken iphone and decided i fancied an upgrade.
Having been away from it for a while i never thought about the jailbreak and went ahead to upgrade on Itunes.

Now i have 3.1.3.

I am trying to downgrade using methods on youtube and other sources, using a program called snowbreeze. It detects my iPhone 3G as an iPhone 2g there for i cant upgrade how i would like.

I then tried through putting my phone in DFU mode and holding shift-restore again when i choose my downloaded 3.1.2 file it tells me its not the correct version for my phone.

has anyone had this problem or can shed some light upon it.

i am just in the process of restoring through itunes again.

thanks

tommy

tagbhoy67

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
i dont think i ever did!

what about itunes when its saying that file im trying to downgrade to(3.1.2) is incompatible or the wrong file!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
What ways have you tried to downgrade your 3G?

I think the SHSH files are only for the 3GS so you can ignore my first comment.

tagbhoy67

Feb 20, 2010
Visit site
i have tried to use snowbreeze originally as said in first post, and then when i was getting the 2g detection, i downloaded the 3.1.2 file from a site recommended from a youtube video. put my iphone into dfu mode and press shift and restore on itunes.

when it allows you to choose your own restore file i choose the 3.1.2 file and it tells me its not compatible with my version of iphone.

can you reccommend any other way of either jailbreaking the 3.1.3 or downgrading that i can try?

thanks!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73