Is there a way to have separate photo collections on the iphone. I want to have a collection of my grandkids photos, a separate collection of my fishing pictures and separate folders for anything I want, without duplication in the camera roll etc...and i use kodak gallery, since I cant use adobe without buying it.
    02-19-2010 11:37 AM
    The only way to do this is to create separate folders on your computer and sync those folders to your iPhone with iTunes. If you took the pictures with your iPhone, you will need to move the pictures off your iPhone onto your computer and into the folders you created. Then delete the photos from your camera roll to prevent dupes (you should be able to easily do this from your computer when your iPhone is plugged in). Unfortunately, there is no way to create albums directly with the iPhone
    02-19-2010 12:39 PM
    Thats the only downfall that i see in the IPHONE.. instead of creating duplicates.. just connect your iphone to your computer and go into mycomputer and choose IPHOne as the drive and move the pics from your camera roll to the new folders u created then sync to itunes... no need to delete... =)
    02-19-2010 03:40 PM
    Thats the only downfall that i see in the IPHONE.. instead of creating duplicates.. just connect your iphone to your computer and go into mycomputer and choose IPHOne as the drive and move the pics from your camera roll to the new folders u created then sync to itunes... no need to delete... =)
    if you keep them in the camera roll and sync them from the computer you'll end up with dupes
    02-19-2010 04:40 PM
    I have a problem with syncing my photos from my iPhone to my computer to be able to put them in folders....My husband uses his work computer, which has XP, sometimes and when he syncs his iPhone at work it ask him if he wants to sync his photos from his phone but at home we have Vista, and it doesn't ask about syncing photos....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-23-2010 02:15 PM
    No flavor of Windows automatically syncs your photos. You have to set up some program to do it. As far as putting them in folders - you do that on your pc, and inside iTunes, choose which folders you want to sync.
    03-23-2010 06:15 PM
    In addition to what Alli said, in your My Pictures folder, in Windows, try to not have the folders as sub-folders. For example, I use to have a folder called London, then in it London May 2008, London Nov 2008, etc...

The problem with using the sub-folder option is that when you view the main folder hierarchy on the iPhone, it will merge all the photos together for viewing. So it's harder to see for exmaple: London May 2008 or London Nov 2008...
    03-23-2010 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD