Email Unsent Issue

Strykzone

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Recently I attempted to send an email from my iPhone (using my Gmail account). I think it was sent to my home phone number by mistake. Obviously the email can't be sent. The problem is that the unsent email is still in my phone email system and I cannot locate it for deleting. How can this be found on my iphone? Thanks in advance.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
No, there's generally Outbox for emails that are trying to be sent. If it was never sent, it should still be there. If not, I would think that it actually did send, just don't know where.

Strykzone

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
No, there's generally Outbox for emails that are trying to be sent. If it was never sent, it should still be there. If not, I would think that it actually did send, just don't know where.

My email folders are Inbox, Sent, Trash,((Gmail), All Mail, Spam, Starred), Drafts, Personal, Receipts, Travel, Work. No folder called Outbox is available or at least that I can find.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I'm at a loss then. Sounds like it sent, somewhere. But, then again, it should be in the sent folder. I think I have the Outbox folder because I have my accounts set up as Exchange accounts.

Strykzone

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, once again I turned the phone off and then back on later. Probably for the 4th time. This time the message has disappeared. Inexplicable but successful.